These BBQ Chicken Salad Wraps are the perfect meal for when you’re in a pinch, or for those hot summer nights when you can’t bear to turn your oven on. Loaded with chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes and cheese, these will please even your pickiest eaters!
Hey there, it’s Jodi from 5 Boys Baker and I’m excited to share with you one of our favorite quick and simple meals. These BBQ Chicken Salad Wraps are so good. They’re the perfect meal for when you’re having one of those days where dinner is the last thing on your mind.
This BBQ Chicken Salad has always been one of our favorites so I decided to turn it into a wrap. What’s so great about these is you can make them and take them on the go if you need to. They’re perfect for those scorching hot summer nights when the thought of turning on your oven makes you want to cry. The chicken mixture can be made ahead of time and just put in the fridge to chill. When you’re ready to eat, they’re so fast and simple to assemble.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup frozen corn, thawed
- ¾ cup black beans (drained and rinsed)
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Ray’s is our favorite)
- ¼ cup ranch dressing (I like to use homemade, but bottled is fine)
- Whole wheat tortillas (about 6 to 8)
- Lettuce (romaine, red leaf or green leaf is fine)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat (you could also just spray it with cooking spray).
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then place in heated skillet. Cook about 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Cover with foil for a couple minutes, then remove foil and let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces. (*You could also grill your chicken if you’d rather.)
- In a large bowl, combine diced chicken, corn, black beans, tomatoes and shredded cheese and mix until combined. Drizzle BBQ sauce and ranch dressing over mixture and toss, just until evenly coated.
- Place desired amount of lettuce on top of a tortilla and then a couple large spoonfuls of chicken mixture. Roll up and serve.
Recipe from: 5 Boys Baker.com