Greek Chicken Wraps are loaded with veggies, seasoned grilled chicken and Tzatziki sauce all wrapped inside a warm flatbread. These are delicious!
I found my new favorite lunch- these GREEK CHICKEN WRAPS! Holy moly, talk about delicious. They are loaded with lots of veggies and seasoned grilled chicken all wrapped inside a warm flatbread. These are another flavor-packed lunch or dinner that is actually good for you! I can’t tell you how nice it is to eat food that’s healthy and tastes amazing! 😀
This was my first time ever eating a Greek wrap or gyro, as they’re often called. After the first bite I was kicking myself for not trying them sooner. They were so easy to prepare and even my kiddos ate them! (Of course Kallen picked out the onions but that was fine by me!) The Greek Tzatziki sauce is a must when eating these heavenly things. I can’t even pronounce the name correctly, but I sure can eat it! It is so good and gives a nice balance to all the flavors going on inside.
Just a quick note. The Tzatziki sauce takes some prep time, about 2 to 3 hours. So just be sure to plan ahead of time. I made my sauce in the morning and then it was ready to serve with the wraps at lunch time. 🙂
I hope you give these amazing Greek Chicken Wraps a try soon, friends. They are SO good!
Greek Tzatziki Sauce
Servings 1 cup
- 1 cup Fage Total Greek Yogurt plain
- ½ of a fresh and firm cucumber drained (see instructions below to drain cucumber)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1½ teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ tsp Pepper
Drain Cucumber First
- Peel skin from cucumber. Chop off ends and slice in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out all of the seeds down the center.
- Roughly chop cucumber and place pieces in colander, lightly salting with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place colander in sink with 2 plates resting on top of cucumber pieces. Leave in sink for 30-40 minutes, then remove and pat cucumber pieces dry with paper towels.
Directions to Make Tzatziki Sauce
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend well. Place in a bowl then cover. Chill in fridge for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Greek Chicken Wraps
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 3 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 6 pieces flatbread
- 10 ounce container hummus
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Place chicken pieces in marinade. Cover bowl and place in fridge. Let marinade at least 30 minutes or up to 6 hours.
- Meanwhile, place all the cut veggies in a medium bowl. Stir then set aside.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Cook chicken pieces in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir and cook until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Warm flatbreads in microwave. Place each flatbread on a plate then top with cooked chicken, veggies, hummus and serve with Tzatziki sauce. Enjoy!