I found my new favorite lunch- these GREEK CHICKEN WRAPS! Holy moly, talk about delicious. They are loaded with lots of veggies and seasoned grilled chicken all wrapped inside a warm flatbread. These are another flavor-packed lunch or dinner that is actually good for you! I can’t tell you how nice it is to eat food that’s healthy and tastes amazing! 😀
This was my first time ever eating a Greek wrap or gyro, as their often called. After the first bite I was kicking myself for not trying them sooner. They were so easy to prepare and even my kiddos ate them! (Of course Kallen picked out the onions but that was fine by me!) The Greek Tzatziki sauce is a must when eating these heavenly things. I can’t even pronounce the name correctly, but I sure can eat it! It is so good and gives a nice balance to all the flavors going on inside.
Just a quick note! The Tzatziki sauce takes some prep time. About 2 to 3 hours! So I made mine in the morning and then it was ready to serve with the wraps at lunch time. 🙂
I hope you gives these a try soon. They are SO worth it!
- 4 (6-inch) whole-wheat pitas or flatbreads
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Add chicken, garlic, lemon-pepper, oregano and salt. Cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink and is fully cooked.
- Warm pitas or flatbreads in microwave for a few seconds. Then divide the warm chicken between the pita or flatbreads. Top each with diced tomato, cucumber, onion and Feta cheese. Drizzle tops with Tzatziki sauce. Enjoy!
- 1 cup Fage Total Greek Yogurt (plain)
- ½ of a fresh and firm cucumber, drained (see instructions below to drain cucumber)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ tsp Pepper
- Peel skin from cucumber. Chop off ends and slice in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out all of the seeds down the center.
- Roughly chop cucumber and place pieces in colander, lightly salting with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place colander in sink with 2 plates resting on top of cucumber pieces. Leave in sink for 30-40 minutes, then remove and pat cucumber pieces dry with paper towels.
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend well. Place in a bowl then cover. Chill in fridge for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
- Yields: 1 cup sauce