I apologize for not posting Menu Monday yesterday. The last few days have been crazy busy! We celebrated my sons 4th birthday Sunday 🙂 We threw him a Super Mario Brothers party and it was a lot of fun! I will post pics of the cake and goodies from the party on Friday 🙂
Okay, now to the casserole. Holy moly, is it good! Seasoned chicken and potatoes baked together, then topped with cheese, bacon and green onions. It is so delicious and packed with flavor!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 5 medium Russet or Idaho potatoes, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked, chopped bacon
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Spread the diced chicken and potatoes evenly into the baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour mixture evenly over the chicken and potatoes. Stir to coat the chicken and potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle evenly with the cheddar cheese, chopped bacon, and onion. Bake another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Yields: 4 to 6 servings
Recipe adapted from: Food.Com