When I saw Pioneer Woman post these enchiladas I fell off my chair drooling! Just kidding. I really didn’t fall off my chair. But I drooled… and printed off the recipe that second! I could just imagine the taste of them! I am such a sucker for Mexican food, especially enchiladas! Mmmmm I love em’! I also loved how simple and easy the recipe sounded. You all know me by now, and I am all about EASY recipes. I was so excited to come home and make these for dinner tonight. I just knew they would be fantastic… and boy were they ever!
If you’re a meat lover you could add some shredded chicken or ground beef. You could definitley play around with these enchiladas. As for me, I will always make them this way. I think they are so perfect and incredible just like this!
Sour Cream Enchiladas
These meatless enchiladas are a family favorite! The sour cream, green onion and cheese packs these enchiladas with tons of flavor!
- 12 corn tortillas
- canola oil for frying (about 2 cups)
- 1 can 28 oz. red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup sliced/chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Heat Canola Oil in a small skillet on low to med-low heat.
- In a medium saucepan heat enchilada sauce on medium-low heat.
- Mix together sour cream, green onion and 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, cumin and cayenne pepper.
- Using tongs, fry tortillas one at a time, for about 5-10 seconds. (dont allow them to crisp). Remove from oil and then dunk tortilla into the enchilada sauce.
- Lay tortilla onto a plate, spoon 2 or 3 tablespoons of the sour cream mixture in the middle. Roll tortilla, then place seam side down in a 9×13 inch baking pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas and sour cream mixture.
- Cover tortillas with remaining cheese and then bake for 15-20 minutes or hot and bubbly! Serve and sprinkle with a dallop of sour cream and sprinkles of sliced green onion on each serving