Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are quickly going to become a dinner favorite! They’re bursting with flavor, super healthy, and incredibly simple to throw together.
I am definitely all about quick and easy meals and these are definitely quick and easy and the clean up is just as simple. This is definitely a perfect “lazy dinner”. These chicken fajitas have all those delicious southwest flavors and require minimal effort. Tuesday Taco night just got a whole lot easier! 🙂
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken mixture:
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced into strips (about 1½ to 2 pounds of chicken)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, halved and cut into slices
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Fajita size flour tortillas (about 10)
- Toppings: (optional)
- Sour cream
- In a large Ziplock bag, combine chicken with all the peppers and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, oregano, red pepper flakes and pepper. Pour over the chicken and pepper strips. Seal bag and shake until everything is well coated. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and/or up to a few hours. (*I like to let mine sit in the fridge about 2 hours.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Spread seasoned chicken mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve on flour tortillas with desired toppings.
RECIPE FROM: 5 BOYS BAKER