Baked Penne is a classic Italian-American dish with penne pasta baked in spaghetti sauce, cooking creme, and cheese! It’s the perfect weeknight meal!
The first time I made this delicious Baked Penne was about a year ago. It totally knocked our socks off! I’ve made it several times since then because we love it so much. 😀
This is a classic Italian-American dish with pasta baked in spaghetti sauce, cooking creme, and cheese! Gah. SO GOOD! Don’t ask me why I’m just getting around to blogging about it now. Please forgive me.
This Baked Penne is the perfect meal to whip up on a weeknight. It is so easy and unbelievably delicious! I decided I’m going to make it for our Christmas dinner. Usually, we make the traditional turkey and mashed potato feast, but I told Kale I wanted to change things up this year. We’re having his side of the family over that day and I know they are going to love it!
Recipe type: Pasta, Main Course
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) container of Philadelphia Italian Herb & Cheese Cooking Creme, divided
- ** If you can’t find the cooking creme you can substitute using 4 ounces softened cream cheese mixed with 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 cups cooked Penne pasta
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, cook the onion and ground beef until beef is no longer pink. Drain any grease. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, ¾ of the cooking creme and ½ cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Cook and stir mixture until cheese is melted; about 5 minutes. Stir in the cooked penne noodles to combine. Carefully pour mixture into a greased 8×8 inch baking dish. Dot the rest of the cooking creme evenly over the top of the pasta, and then sprinkle remaining ½ cup of mozzarella over the top. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy! ♥
*My grocery store has not carried the Philadelphia cooking creme in a long time 🙁 I love to substitute it with 4 ounces cream cheese mixed with 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning. It is delicious!
Recipe adapted from: Plain Chicken