Gorgonzola Garlic Bread is delicious French bread baked with butter, garlic and Gorgonzola cheese. This amazing bread is full of flavor!
I have a love/hate relationship with bread. ANY kind of bread. I love it, because of it’s comforting texture and chewy deliciousness. I hate it, because I know it’s why I have a hard time losing those ‘last 10 pounds’ I always strive to lose.
It definitely doesn’t help when I smother a French bread loaf with butter, garlic and my favorite blue cheese ever- Gorgonzola. Heaven help me!
This bread is amazing you guys, and the pictures do NOT do it justice. At all. The next time you are whipping up a spaghetti dinner, or are just craving some damn fine bread then please try this one out. It is packed with flavor and worth every single calorie. 😉
Recipe note** When I first tried this recipe I sliced the bread keeping the loaf still in tact. (Meaning, I didn’t cut it all the way through.) Then stuffed each crack with the blue cheese mixture. It didn’t work well at all this was because the top of the bread was over-cooked but the butter and cheese had not yet melted. So I have written the recipe the way I tried it the second time. Completely slicing the bread in pieces, laying them on a sheet pan, and then spreading the mixture over the top. That time was much better and it helped melt the cheese and butter over each slice.
Gorgonzola Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1/3 cup salted butter softened
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 Tablespoon freshly chopped parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Slice French bread into 8 slices. Lay each slice on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Cream butter and Gorgonzola cheese together in a medium bowl. Stir in minced garlic and chopped parsley to cheese mixture.
- Spread mixture evenly over each French bread slice. Sprinkle tops with a little Parmesan cheese.
- Place under broiler until cheese is melted and bubbly. (*Stay and watch the entire time to prevent burning!)
- Serve warm and enjoy!