You’ll love every single bite of this Hawaiian Style Garlic Shrimp. It’s packed with flavor and couldn’t be easier to make!
Last year in June we took a trip to Maui with our close friends. You can read all about it –> HERE. We had the time of our lives and ate the most incredible food ever!! It definitely had me wishing we were going again this summer, but unfortunately with everything we’ve had going on the last couple months we just couldn’t. Mexico was on our minds too but we couldn’t do that either. Bummer for sure.
So I thought since I couldn’t go on an amazing Hawaiian vacation this summer I would just bring Hawaii to our dinner table! 😀 I found this incredible HAWAIIAN STYLE GARLIC SHRIMP off my good buddy Alyssa’s blog The Recipe Critic. Her recipes never disappoint and this one didn’t either. This shrimp was packed with buttery, garlic flavor and took me right back to the Lahaina shore. We loved every single bite!
I honestly don’t make shrimp too often at our house, but when I do I know which recipe I’ll make from now on. This, and of course my Honey Lime Shrimp. I served this one with a side of rice and broccoli and we ate like happy campers. Minus the camping. haha! 😉
Hawaiian Style Garlic Shrimp
- 1 pound large uncooked shrimp
- 5 Tablespoons olive oil divided
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- juice from half of a large lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon course Hawaiian sea salt or coarse regular sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large skillet, over medium-low heat, add 4 Tablespoons olive oil and 2 Tablespoons butter. Let warm and stir until butter melts. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute until fragrant and caramelizes slightly.
- Add lemon juice, sea salt, pepper and paprika to skillet. Stir. Then add remaining oil and butter. Stir and continue to slowly cook for 2 minutes or so. Carefully, add shrimp to skillet.
- Cook shrimp in sauce for 3 to 5 minutes, on each side, until shrimp turns an orange/pink color. (Shrimp cooks very fast. Once you see that orange color on each side it is ready!)
- Serve shrimp over rice and pour sauce over the top. Enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Recipe adapted from: The Recipe Critic