Shrimp Tortellini Alfredo has rich and creamy homemade Alfredo sauce poured over golden shrimp and cheese-filled tortellini! This pasta dish is easy to prepare, and every bite will be delicious and satisfying!
Ever since I made my Tortellini Alfredo recipe my kids have asked me non-stop to make it again for them. haha. I don’t blame them, it really is delicious, but I have to remind them that we can’t eat it every day. lol Too much of a good thing is just too much. Does that make sense? lol I made them wait awhile before I whipped up another batch, but this time I added some yummy golden shrimp. My little Kallen was in heaven. He is my seafood lover to the core. 🙂
This Shrimp Tortellini Alfredo turned out to be even better than I expected. The rich and creamy Alfredo coats the tortellini and shrimp so perfectly, ensuring every bite is delicious and satisfying. My kids were pretty quiet as they gobbled this pasta up. I always know if I have a quiet dinner table that means they’re eating their dinner and loving it!
WHAT IS THE BEST TORTELLINI TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
I personally prefer to use fresh, refrigerated tortellini. I feel it has the best flavor and it cooks the fastest. You can also use frozen tortellini as well, but just keep in mind it will take a little longer to cook. It will still taste delicious though.
WHAT KIND OF SHRIMP IS THE BEST TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
We like to stock bags of already cooked frozen shrimp in our freezer for quick recipes just like this! Although, I believe fresh shrimp is the best, frozen cooked shrimp is always a great alternative. I just run it under cold water to thaw before adding it into the pasta. It’s easy and really yummy!
LOOKING FOR MORE PASTA RECIPES? TRY THESE:
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Shrimp Tortellini Alfredo
- 2 packages 9 ounces each refrigerated cheese tortellini
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 4 ounces Chive and Onion cream cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package 12 ounces frozen, small cooked shrimp (peeled, deveined, tails off)
- In a large pot of salted water, cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain water.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet, add butter, heavy cream and cream cheese. Stir and simmer until butter and cream cheese has melted.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Turn heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes or until thick and creamy.
- Meanwhile, run cold water over frozen cooked shrimp to thaw completely. Add thawed shrimp to Alfredo sauce in skillet. Stir gently.
- Pour cooked, drained tortellini into skillet. Gently stir to coat pasta and shrimp. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve and enjoy!
*You can always double the Alfredo sauce ingredients if you like more sauce!