Pesto Tortellini Salad is cheese-filled tortellini coated in basil pesto, bacon and olives. It’s the perfect side dish for any barbecue and picnic!
I believe every summer BBQ and picnic needs an amazing pasta salad for a side dish. This Pesto Tortellini Salad is just that. Cheese filled tortellini coated in basil pesto, olives and bacon. Yep, bacon. 😀 This salad is utterly divine!
Every time I serve this tortellini salad it’s gone in no time, and I’m always asked for the recipe. Not only is it delicious, but a total cinch to make. Ready in about 20 minutes tops.
It’s yummy served right after it’s prepared, or you can chill it and serve it cold. Either way, get ready for this to be a staple for all your summer barbecues!
TRY THESE OTHER DELICIOUS PASTA SALADS:
California Pasta Salad
Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Salad
Strawberry Chicken and Spinach Pasta Salad
Pesto Tortellini Salad
Cheese tortellini pasta coated in pesto, bacon and olives. The perfect side dish for any BBQ and picnic!
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 can (2.25 ounces) sliced black olives drained
- 5 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 1/3 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse under cold water. Place in a medium bowl.
- Add olives, bacon and pesto to the tortellini. Carefully toss to combine. Top with shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill in fridge until ready to serve.Store any leftovers covered in fridge.
Stays fresh covered in fridge for up to 2 days.
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
8 thoughts on “Pesto Tortellini Salad”
Oh this sounds SO GOOD! My family loves the Costco tortellini… I’m hosting a going away party for a family friend that’s going into the Navy… this will be on the BBQ menu!
I absolutely, positively NEED this fabulous salad in my life! I love that it’s swimming in pesto sauce – my favorite!
Can’t wait to make this! Just an FYI that your ingredients say grated Parm & your directions say shredded. I would think shredded would be way better 😉
Sounds so yummy! What brand of pesto do u use and is it just straight pesto out of the jar?
I just made this for a party tonight! Because it’s a lenten Friday, I subbed the bacon for chopped sun dried tomatoes and added fresh basil. It’s such a delicious combo! Great recipe!