I debated on what dessert to share for Cinco de Mayo week when a little light bulb went off in my mind. 🙂 I saw Cheesecake Chimichangas, and although they looked amazing, I wasn’t in the mood to deep-fry anything. That’s when I decided to roll up my favorite cheesecake filling with small flour tortillas, roll them in cinnamon and sugar and bake them to perfection. It worked like magic!
The center of these baked Taquitos is silky smooth with a super easy cheesecake filling. The cinnamon sugar topping over the crispy tortillas makes them even more amazing. We enjoyed ours with sliced strawberries and whipped cream, and they were gone in no time! Next time, were thinking of dunking them in melted chocolate. 😀 Oh, yeah.
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 (8-inch) small flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, 2 Tablespoons sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Make sure no lumps remain.
- Heat tortillas in microwave for 10 seconds. Take one tortilla and spread 1/3 cup of cheesecake filling on one end. Roll up tightly, leaving ends open. Repeat with all tortillas and cheesecake filling.
- Melt butter in a large microwave-safe shallow dish or bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon.
- Take each rolled taquito and first roll in melted butter, then roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture to fully coat all sides. Place on a large greased baking sheet. Repeat with all taquitos.
- Bake at 350° F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tops start to get golden brown. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with sliced strawberries and whipped cream. Enjoy! ♥