Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes are so delicious with their surprise cheesecake center and wonderful pumpkin-spice flavor throughout!
This is the time of year I absolutely love to bake. During October and November it’s all about the apple and pumpkin recipes for me. Some of my favorites include pumpkin bread, apple cakes, pumpkin rolls, apple crisp and definitely these Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes! They were the very first pumpkin treat I’ve made this year and they were everything I was hoping for. Soft, delicious and full of pumpkin-spice flavor. 😀
Once you take a bite of these heavenly cupcakes you’ll find a nice cheesecake surprise right in the center. I topped them off with my famous cream cheese frosting (my kids say it’s famous, anyway. haha) and it made these Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes all the more dreamy.
I have a big list on my phone of new pumpkin recipes I want to make this fall season, but I’m SO glad I started with this cupcake recipe first! My family stood at the table and watched as I photographed them, so they could be first in line to try them out. haha. Kale, I believe, inhaled his in 3 bites and grabbed another right after. 😀
I ate one cupcake (but wanted five) and slowly savored every bite. Right after I was finished I grabbed a recipe card and wrote down the recipe exactly how I made it. Then I popped it right into my “famous recipes” box because this one is a keeper for sure. I know I’ll be making them again soon.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 (8 ounce) block cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
- CHEESECAKE FILLING: In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, sugar and pumpkin pie spice on medium speed until combined and creamy; set aside.
- CUPCAKES: In a large bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
- In another large bowl, stir/whisk together pumpkin puree, sugars, vegetable oil and eggs. Pour wet mixture over dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Scoop about ¼ cup or slightly less batter into each muffin liner. Drop 2 teaspoons cream cheese filling into the center of each cup. Top with remaining batter to completely cover the filling. Place into oven and bake for about 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING: In a large bowl, add cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Beat with an electric hand-mixer on medium speed until well combined. Gradually blend in powdered sugar. Frost cooled cupcakes then enjoy! (To pipe the frosting as pictured I used a Wilton 1A tip and piping bag.)
*The frosting recipe makes a lot. You can cut it in half if you don't like a lot of frosting.
Recipe adapted from: Damn Delicious