Deep Dish Apple Crisp is out of this world delicious! A thick layer of apples, cinnamon, and sugary oats are baked over a flaky pie crust. This dessert is a fall favorite at our house!
Oh Happy Day! It’s almost Friday and I’m ready to enjoy the weekend with my family! 🙂 But first, I need to share this AMAZING recipe I created when I was craving our favorite Apple Crisp Pizza.
I realized my pizza pan was missing (I still have no idea what happened to it.. ugh) when I was half way through making this deliciousness, so I grabbed a 9-inch deep dish pie plate and that’s when this deep-dish version was born.
This apple crisp is out of this world delicious. It’s definitely one of my Top 5 favorite desserts, ever. 🙂
An extra thick layer of apples, cinnamon, and sugary oats over a flaky pie crust. Mmmmm. It really is amazing. For me, there’s no other way to enjoy it than by drenching it in caramel sauce and a big old scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. YUM!
MORE DELICIOUS APPLE DESSERTS YOU MAY LIKE:
Caramel Apple Dip
Apple Cookie Snacks
Shredded Apple Pie
Deep Dish Apple Crisp
- 1 (9 inch) pastry for a single crust pie
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 medium red delicious apples, peeled then chopped (You can really use any type of apple you prefer. We love the flavor of the red delicious apples)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup salted butter softened
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- Roll pastry to fit a 9-inch deep dish pie plate; fold under or flute the edges. Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add peeled, diced apples and toss. Arrange the apples over the pie crust spreading out evenly.
- Combine the first 5 topping ingredients in a bowl and then sprinkle evenly over the apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35 to 40 minutes or until apples are tender. (I lay a piece of foil over the top the last 10 minutes to prevent crust from burning.) Remove from oven and immediately drizzle with caramel topping. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serve with extra caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream.
17 thoughts on “Deep Dish Apple Crisp”
This looks great! Would it be okay to make the night before and refrigerate?
Tory, If you mean to bake it first then refrigerate then Yes! This lasts in the fridge for up to 2 days.
i am making that saturday! it looks delicious! my son will wonder whats happening to me!
I made the White Chocolate Pumpkin Bread with Streusel Topping & the Pumpkin Roll Cake, and they were delicious. Thanks for the good & easy recipes.
That is awesome, Connie! Glad they were a hit!
I’m going to have to make this for Thanksgiving! Looking forward to baking and eating it.
I had a question regarding the pie shell. Unbaked or baked pie shell. Thanks!
The mixture goes over an unbaked pie shell, then bake everything together 🙂
This dessert was amazing and looked exactly like the photo. Easy to make and absolutely delicious
Thanks, Alisa 🙂
Regular or quick cooking oats?
I dont normally ever comment on recipes but i just had to on this! My mother in law loves apple pies and i made this one for her for her birthday.. my first ever attempt at an Apple pie btw! And it was a huge success!! Everyone loved it! Definitely goin to be a go to recipe!! Thank you!!!
Thank you so much!
I’m going to have to try this recipe it looks so good! I’m missing my favorite bread board no idea what happened to it how did those things disappear? LOL
Can you make this in a different size dish? thank you ~
Hi Karen! Yes you can bake this is an 8×8 or 9×9 inch baking dish 🙂
Being from new england, fall is my favorite season and your apple crisp recipe has been a part of our lives for years now! it is the best!!!! Thank You!