I received special permission to post this recipe on my blog, so you all should feel pretty special right now! 😉 This is literally thee BEST APPLE PIE you will ever eat. Period. This pie was served at the best restaurant, Rococo’s Steakhouse, where I live. I’m sure you’ve heard me talk about it before. I worked there through out high school and my families long-time friends, The Sullivan’s, were the owners.
This pie was one of the most requested desserts up there. I say ‘up’ because Rococo sat on top of the black hill, overlooking our beautiful city. The view was amazing. Especially at night, when all the city lights were on. Customers would always request window tables, so they could enjoy the view while they ate. There are so many reasons I miss that place, and am still so sad it closed it’s doors.
For that reason, I am so happy I wrote down this recipe one night at work. I made this at home the first Thanksgiving Kale and I were married, and have made it every year since. It’s become a tradition. This is the kind of recipe I will pass on to my kids, and hope that they’ll pass it on to their children. It is that good!
Shredded Apple Pie
A deliciously sweet apple pie with shredded apples!
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 medium Red Delicious Apples, peeled and grated ( grated with a cheese grater)
- 1 Unbaked deep-dish pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar, butter, flour, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and eggs with a hand mixer on medium speed. Beat until combined.
- Fold in the shredded apples. Pour mixture into the unbaked pie shell. Bake for 55-60 minutes. Let cool 1 hour before serving.
- *We always serve this with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce!
Life In The Lofthouse https://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/