Hands down cheesecake is my favorite dessert. It is always my go-to choice whenever we eat out at a restaurant. I love that a little goes a long way because of the richness, and it’s always satisfying. 🙂
This Banana Cream Pie Cheesecake is a mix of cream pie AND cheesecake. It all starts with a buttery graham cracker crust, sliced bananas and a layer of cheesecake. The cheesecake layer is then topped off with a banana cream pie filling. The ratio of the two are total perfection! The only bad thing I can say about it is that you can’t. stop. eating it. If that’s a bad thing.. 😉
This wonderful dessert stays good in the fridge for up to 3 days, so it’s a great make-ahead recipe for Thanksgiving or any time you need to make a yummy treat in advance!
- 1¾ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 oz.) container cool whip, thawed
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1¾ cups cold milk
- 1 (3.4 oz.) package instant banana cream pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Set aside ¼ cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture evenly into the bottom and ½ inch up sides of prepared pan. Bake 5 to 7 minues. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Beat in 2 cups of cool whip. Arrange half of the banana slices over the cooled crust. Top bananas with half of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers one more time.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix together for 2 minutes. Let stand a minute or two until it slightly sets. Fold in remaining cool whip. Pour and spread evenly over cream cheese layer.
- Sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture all over the top. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or until set.
- Serve and enjoy!