Crunchwrap Supremes are loaded with seasoned ground beef, nacho cheese, sour cream, lettuce and tomato all wrapped inside a large flour tortilla. There is a corn tortilla hidden inside that gives it that crunch we all love!
I have a small confession to make. I love Taco Bell. 🙂 We don’t eat there very often, but when we do it’s these Crunchwrap Supremes I order every time. Have you ever had one? Well let me fill you in if you haven’t. Crunchwrap Supremes are loaded with seasoned ground beef, nacho cheese, sour cream, lettuce and tomato all wrapped inside a large flour tortilla. There is a corn tortilla hidden inside that gives it that crunch we all love! These wraps are amazing, naughty, and worth every calorie!
This copycat version of these Crunchwrap Supremes I’ve had pinned on one of my Pinterest boards forever. I was so excited to finally try them for copycat week. They were as delicious as I thought they would be. Actually better homemade, in my opinion. They’re also super simple to make. My family totally loved them! I know this will be something I make often when we are in the mood for a fun Mexican food night!
Crunchwrap Supreme (Copycat)
Author: Life in the Lofthouse
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 can nacho cheese (or queso cheese dip)
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 6 tostada shells or corn tortillas
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- cooking spray
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook and crumble the ground beef until no longer pink. Drain grease. Stir in the taco seasoning mix, and water it calls for on package. Cook according to package directions.
- Warm the nacho cheese sauce or queso cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Place the flour tortillas on a large plate. Microwave for 20 seconds to warm them.
- Lay one flour tortilla on a flat surface. Spread ½ cup of taco meat onto the center of the tortilla. Drizzle a couple Tablespoons of nacho cheese over the meat. Top meat with one tostada shell or crispy corn tortilla *see notes below. Spread a thin layer of sour cream over the tostada shell. Top with lettuce, tomato and shredded Mexican cheese.
- To fold the crunch wrap, start with the bottom of the flour tortilla and fold the edge up over the center. Continue to work your way around, folding the flour tortilla over the center fillings. There will be a spot left open in the center; cut a piece of another flour tortilla and tuck it in the center, so it's fully covered.
- Repeat with all remaining tortillas, tostadas and fillings. You'll have 6 crunch wraps total.
- Spray a large, non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Place one crunchwrap seam-side down onto the skillet. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes, or until golden-brown. Carefully, flip over and cook other side until golden-brown. Repeat process with all crunchwraps. Serve immediatley.
*If using corn tortillas, heat oven to 400° F. Place corn tortillas on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until crispy.