You can have restaurant quality salsa in no time with this amazing Homemade Salsa recipe. It’s refreshing, colorful and bursting with flavor. Once you make this salsa, you won’t want to buy store bought salsa again!
This delicious and fresh homemade salsa is filled with lime juice, jalapeño, garlic, onion, and tomatoes. If you’re a salsa fanatic (like myself ;)) then you have to give this salsa recipe a try. Not only is it super easy to make, it’s better than your favorite Mexican restaurant’s salsa. (In my humble opinion. haha) It’s refreshing, colorful and bursting with so much flavor.
Homemade salsa served with tortilla chips makes the perfect appetizer for any party, or if you’re like me, it’s the best afternoon snack. It’s amazing in burritos, tacos, taquitos and we even like to serve it over grilled chicken and steaks. Yum!
I’ve now been making homemade salsa for over ten years and will continue to. There’s just nothing like the quality of it over store bought. From start to finish, it only takes about 20 minutes tops, and that’s because I’m slow at chopping veggies. haha.
Just make sure you let it sit in the fridge for a good hour, or even longer, to let all those wonderful flavors come together. It will be well worth the wait. Promise! 🙂
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cans (10 ounces, each) Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chiles), drained
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small jalapeno, (remove seeds), chopped
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cup cilantro (measure first, then chop)
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- Pour the canned tomatoes, rotel, onion, garlic, jalapeno, sugar, salt, cumin, cilantro and lime juice in a blender OR a food processor.
- Pulse 8 to 11 times, depending on how chunky you like your salsa. (I like chunkier salsa so I pulse mine about 8 times.)
- Pour salsa into a large bowl or container. Cover. Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour (the longer it sits the better) to chill and let all the flavors blend together. Serve with tortilla chips.