This Tex-Mex Chicken Chopped Salad is filled with crunchy romaine lettuce, corn, black beans, grilled chicken and more. The taco-flavored ranch dressing finishes it off to perfection!
Behold, my friends, this is Tex-Mex Chicken Chopped Salad. Also known as my favorite lunch I eat at least twice a week . haha. I LOVE it so much. I can’t say enough good things about this amazing salad. It is so comforting, healthy, and out of this world delicious!
This Tex-Mex chopped salad contains a lot of yummy things. Crunchy romaine lettuce, corn, black beans, tomatoes, green onion and of course grilled chicken. I like to cook up small bite-size pieces of chicken seasoned with just salt and pepper. Then I throw them in at the very last while they’re still a little warm.
I toss it all together with the heavenly taco-flavored ranch dressing. Mmmm! It is wonderful, flavorful and the most amazing salad this side of Texas. 😉
MORE DELICIOUS SALAD RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Tex-Mex Chicken Chopped Salad
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 2 Tablespoons mild taco seasoning
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in bite-size pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cups Romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 cup corn kernels fresh or frozen
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- juice of 1/2 of a lime
- 1 cup tortilla chips crushed
- In a small bowl, whisk together ranch dressing and taco seasoning until combined. Cover and place in fridge to chill until ready to use.
- In a large non-stick skillet, cook and stir chicken pieces over medium-high heat until cooked through; about 12 minutes. While chicken is cooking season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss salad ingredients together. When chicken is finished cooking let cool slightly then add to salad. Add dressing a little at a time then gently toss until all combined and coated.
- Serve immediately in individual bowls and enjoy!