Behold my friends- Tex-Mex Chicken Chopped Salad. AKA. my lunch at least twice a week for the past few months (lol) because I LOVE it so much. I can’t say enough good things about this salad. It is so comforting, pretty healthy if you ask me, and out of this world delicious!
This Tex-Mex salad contains lots of yummy things. Crunchy romaine lettuce, corn, black beans, tomatoes, green onion and of course grilled chicken. I like to cook up small bite-size pieces of chicken seasoned with just salt and pepper. Then throw them in at the very last while they’re still a little warm. Then I toss it all together with the heavenly taco-flavored ranch dressing. Mmmm! It is wonderful, flavorful and the most amazing salad this side of Texas. 😉
- 1 cup ranch dressing (can use light dressing)
- 2 Tablespoons mild taco seasoning
- 3 small boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in bite-size pieces
- 4 to 5 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- juice of ½ of a lime
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- In a small bowl, whisk together ranch dressing and taco seasoning until combined. Cover and place in fridge to chill until ready to use.
- In a large non-stick skillet, cook and stir chicken pieces over medium-high heat until cooked through. About 12 minutes. While chicken is cooking season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss salad ingredients together. When chicken is finished cooking let cool slightly then add to salad. Add dressing a little at a time then gently toss until all combined and coated.
- Serve immediately in individual bowls and enjoy!