BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza is a flavorful pizza smothered with barbecue sauce and loaded with chicken, cheese, cilantro and red onion. It’s the perfect lunch or dinner for any day of the week.
BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza is a flavorful pizza smothered with barbecue sauce and loaded with chicken, cheese, cilantro and red onion. It’s the perfect lunch or dinner for any day of the week. You can be sure that it’s going to be a meal that everyone will adore and won’t be able to get enough of!
Barbecue chicken pizza has been a favorite here at my house for quite some time. Whenever we have homemade pizza nights, I always make sure to add this one to the menu. Yes, it’s that good! The addition of the cilantro and red onion just give it that extra blast of flavor that sets this pizza high over the bar. And there’s just something about using barbecue sauce rather than the classic tomato sauce that makes this pizza that much better.
Pizza nights don’t get much easier then when you use a flatbread crust that is pre-made. While I do love me some homemade pizza dough, this amazing alternative saves you TONS of time. You no longer have to worry about kneading the dough, waiting for it to rise or rolling it out in that attempt of a perfect circle. 😉 It’s ready to go when you are, and bonus, it still tastes just as good as regular pizza dough
Choosing the perfect barbecue sauce for this pizza is a key step. There are endless options to choose from, and to spice things up, you could even try different flavors of barbecue sauce. My family’s personal favorite is the Sweet Baby Rays classic Barbecue Sauce! If you can find it in your grocery store then I highly suggest it.
MORE AMAZING PIZZA RECIPES:
BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza
- 4 Greek Pita Flatbreads (I use the Papa Pita brand)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray's brand)
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray two cookie sheets with non-stick spray. Place two flatbreads on each cookie sheet. Spread about 3 Tablespoons of barbecue sauce on each flatbread. Top sauce with 1/4 cup of Mozzarella cheese.Sprinkle 1/4 cup of cooked shredded chicken over cheese. Top chicken with another 1/4 cup cheese. Sprinkle desired amount of red onion evenly over the top.Place flatbread pizzas in prepared oven and bake for 12 to 14 minutes OR until cheese is melted and bubbly. Carefully remove from oven. Let pizzas stand a few minutes before serving. Top each pizza with desired amount of cilantro and enjoy!