Roma tomatoes, fresh basil, grated Mozzarella cheese, and a hint of garlic come together for this show-stopping Margherita Flatbread Pizza. Enjoy this amazing pizza without the hassle of making your own dough!
There’s nothing I love more than a classic Margherita pizza. Especially one that I can get on the dinner table in half the time as a traditional homemade pizza! And that’s all thanks to the Pita Flatbreads used in this recipe. You can still enjoy all the things you’ve come to love about a Margherita pizza, but without the trouble of making homemade dough!
Since flatbreads come pre-cooked, all you have to do is layer on the Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, add the freshly sliced tomatoes and basil, then sprinkle on the garlic, salt and pepper. Bake until the cheese is all melted and bubbly and that’s it! Yes, it’s that easy! Before you know it, you have a warm, melty, and flavorful pizza ready to be devoured. 🙂
Although I used pita flatbread for my pizza, feel free to use any other kind of pre-made crust you prefer! Naan bread or even tortillas work just as nicely! Especially if you’re watching your carbs but still want to enjoy some pizza.
These amazing pizzas work great for a quick and delicious dinner, or an afternoon snack you could share, but I am not too confident you’re going to want to share one of these. 😉
Even though it defeats the whole purpose of the simplicity of this recipe, if you’re not a fan of flatbreads, and prefer the taste of pizza dough, no need to worry. I have another Margherita Pizza recipe made with my homemade Pizza Dough instead that is just as amazing as this one!
MORE DELICIOUS PIZZA RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza
Chicken Taco Pizza
Sheet Pan Chicken Alfredo Pizza
Margherita Flatbread Pizza
- 4 Flatbreads or Pita breads (I like the Papa Pita brand)
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced thin
- 8 small basil leaves, chiffonade (cut in small strips)
- 4 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray two baking sheets with non-stick spray. Lay two flatbreads onto each baking sheet.
- Spray the tops of each flatbread with non-stick spray. Then place one teaspoon of minced garlic onto each flatbread. Spread out evenly all over the top.Sprinkle a half cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese evenly over each flatbread. Then top cheese with four slices of tomato. Top tomato with one to two Tablespoons of basil strips.
- Season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle one Tablespoon of Parmesan cheese all over the tops of each pizza. Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and let pizzas stand for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
One thought on “Margherita Flatbread Pizza”
These turned out great! They were easy to make and tasted great. Thanks!