On Wednesday I divulged my favorite pizza dough recipe. Check it out in HERE in case you missed it. Once you try it I swear you won’t make homemade pizza any other way! 🙂
Since I shared my favorite dough it’s only fitting I share my favorite pizza: Margherita Pizza. I love everything about this delicious pie. Tomato, garlic, olive oil and mounds of Mozzarella cheese. Oh, and basil. Don’t forgo the fresh basil. It takes it to all levels of amazing.
I tried my first Margherita Pizza at The Cheesecake Factory about 10 years ago, and totally fell in-love. I used to order it everytime we’d eat there, but now that I can make it myself I get to order other things off their menu, and enjoy my favorite pizza at home. 😀
- 1 recipe of my Best Pizza Dough (see recipe card below)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced Garlic
- 3 Roma Tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 cups fresh Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 10 basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Grease one large pizza pan. Shape and flatten dough out onto prepared pizza pan.
- Pour olive oil in a medium bowl. Add minced garlic and kosher salt. Add sliced tomatoes to mixture and toss to coat. Let tomatoes marinate 10 to 15 minutes.
- Brush the top of dough with a Tablespoon of the garlic/oil marinade. Sprinkle evenly with 1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese. Top cheese with tomato slices, spreading out evenly. Sprinkle fresh chopped basil over tomatoes. Cover tomato and basil with remaining cheese. Season the top lightly with a little salt and pepper.
- Bake pizza 15 to 20 minutes, or until edges of crust are golden-brown. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes or so before slicing.
- Yields: 8 slices
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, fitted with the dough hook, mix the water, honey, oil, yeast and salt. Add the flour gradually until a soft dough forms and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.The dough should be soft and smooth. You can add up to another 1/2 cup of flour, but no more than that.
- Knead the dough for 3 minutes in stand mixer.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and let rest for 10 minutes. Shape and flatten dough out onto a greased pizza pan. Add sauce and toppings of your choice.
- Bake at 425° F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges of dough are golden-brown.
- Makes enough dough for 1 large pizza OR 2 small