BBQ Chicken Bacon Pizza is loaded with bbq chicken, bacon and cheese! Cilantro and red onion are added for extra flavor. Homemade pizza never tasted so good!
BBQ Chicken Pizza is my favorite kind of pizza. Hands down. My hubby and kids love it too, so there are always a bunch of happy faces in our house, whenever I make it!
This pizza dough recipe is the bomb diggity. It comes from thee amazing Ree Drummond (Pioneer Woman). It is AMAZING dough. I am officially hooked!
My kids love it when I make the dough, roll it out into their own personal size, and let them put on their own toppings! They have a blast getting to create their own pizza 🙂 If you haven’t made your own pizza at home, than I suggest you do asap. There’s just nothing like it!
BBQ Chicken and Bacon Pizza
- 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 3/4 cups warm water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup + 3 Tablespoons barbecue sauce, divided
- 3 ½ cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sprinkle yeast over the warm water. Stir then set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour and salt. Drizzle in olive oil. Stir until combined. Next, pour in yeast/water mixture. Continue to mix until combined and a soft dough forms. (You can do this by hand or with a stand mixer, with paddle attachment, on low speed.)
- Coat a separate mixing bowl with a light drizzle of olive oil, and form dough into a ball. Turn to coat dough in oil, then cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Let dough sit, and double in size for at about an hour.
TOPPINGS FOR PIZZA:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a medium bowl, toss the cooked, shredded chicken in the 3 Tablespoons of barbecue sauce.
- Take the pizza dough and press into a large (16 inch) pizza pan or cookie sheet.
- Spread the remaining 1 cup of the barbecue sauce over the pizza dough. Sprinkle 3 cups of the mozzarella cheese on top.Sprinkle the chicken, bacon and onion over the cheese. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove pizza from oven, sprinkle evenly with cilantro. Return to oven and bake 2 more minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes or so before slicing and serving.
*Yields: 1 large pizza **MAKE AHEAD: Prepare pizza according to directions above, without baking. Cover pizza tightly with saran wrap and place in fridge up to 12 hours. Preheat oven to 425° F. Bake for 14 minutes or until crust is golden-brown, and pizza is heated through. ***TO FREEZE: Prepare pizza as instructed up until baking point. Do not bake. Wrap pizza tightly in plastic wrap. Place in freezer. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until pizza is fully cooked through.
17 thoughts on “BBQ Chicken Bacon Pizza”
mmm Love it Holly it looks so good!
So nice to meet you! I love Pizza Factory and I love St. George. We are up in Orem. I am your newest follower!
Your pizza looks fabulous. We will have to try it. I like the garlic chicken one at Pizza Factory and of course their breadsticks. If you develop a recipe for their breadsticks, let me know.
Jacqueline, Glad u like my blog 🙂 I actually have found a copycat recipe for PF’s AMAZING breadsticks.. I’ll try and post it soon and let u know when I do!
oh wow this pizza looks awesome! I like pretty much any kind of pizza. I love to make personal size ones too 🙂
All I can say is–yum! This looks so savory and delicious and kid-friendly. I love the sprinkling og green on top–it makes it look so fresh and appealing.
Looks so delicious! I really like BBQ chicken pizza. I’ll have to try this over the weekend.
Oh, oh, ohhh…I think I MUST try this! I have been using my breadstick dough as a pizza crust, which is fabulous, but the honey and the no rise (really?!) has me intigued for sure!
Yummy! Wish I could try your food . . . it all looks amazing! xo
Made this for dinner tonight 🙂 scored huge with the hubs!
Had to stop by and give you my regard; your site is amazing, I’ll be trying more of the recipes. Keep up the good work!!
I have to admit I’d love to have the time to make crust, but I cut corners and bought premade crust (Thank you Pillsbury dough boy!). I also got the chicken from a rotisserie chicken (Thank you Kroger!).
Anyway, we usually buy this type of pizza from Jet’s Pizza…which costs us like $32 (because of course you have to have cheesy bread and salad to go with it).
I really loved this pizza…next time I will have to put some garlic on my crust (too dry) but I can live with it. Plus it was fun to make it with my son.
Chris, glad you liked the pizza! This one is my favorite! Don’t blame you for using Pillsbury! I use it a lot too when I don’t have time. But nothing compares to the homemade, and you won’t have a problem with the crust being dry. When you have time you need to try it 🙂