BBQ Chicken Pizza is my favorite kind of pizza. Hands down. My hubby and kids love it too, so there are always a bunch of happy faces in our house, whenever I make it!
This pizza dough recipe is the bomb diggity. It comes from thee amazing Ree Drummond (Pioneer Woman). It is by far the best homemade dough I’ve ever eaten, and it is the only kind I’ll make. I am officially hooked!
My kids love it when I make the dough, roll it out into their own personal size, and let them put on their own toppings! They have a blast getting to create their own pizza 🙂 If you haven’t made your own pizza at home, than I suggest you do asap. There’s just nothing like it!
BBQ Chicken & Bacon Pizza
Write a review
- PIZZA DOUGH: (Makes 2 crusts)
- 1 teaspoon Active Dry or Instant Yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 4 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- TOPPINGS: (Enough for 1 pizza)
- 1 large boneless, skinless Chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 4 slices of cooked Bacon, chopped
- 1 cup, plus 3 Tablespoons Barbecue Sauce, divided
- 3 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced Red Onion
- 3 Tablespoons fresh Cilantro, chopped
- FOR PIZZA DOUGH: Sprinkle yeast over the 1 1/2 cups warm water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour and salt. Drizzle in olive oil and stir until combined with flour. Next, pour in yeast/water mixture and mix until combined. (You can do this by hand or with a stand mixer, with paddle attachment, on low speed)
- Coat a separate mixing bowl with a light drizzle of olive oil, and form dough into a ball. Turn to coat dough in oil, then cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Let dough sit, and double in size for at least an hour or so.
- Take only HALF of dough, and press into a 16 inch pizza pan or cookie sheet. (Dough will be thin)
- TOPPINGS for BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spread 1 cup of the barbecue sauce over the pizza dough. Sprinkle 3 cups of the mozzarella cheese on top. Toss the cooked, shredded chicken in the 3 tbs of barbecue sauce. Sprinkle the chicken, bacon and onion over the cheese. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove pizza from oven, sprinkle with cilantro. Return to oven and bake 5 more minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubble. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Slice with pizza cutter and serve! 🙂
- *For other half of dough, use for a 2nd pizza or cover tightly with plastic wrap, and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- MAKE AHEAD: Prepare pizza according to directions above, with out baking. Cover pizza tightly with saran wrap and place in fridge up to 12 hours. Preheat oven to 425° F. Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden, cheese is melted and bubbly, and pizza is heated through
Life In The Lofthouse https://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/