BBQ Chicken Bacon Pizza is loaded with bbq chicken, bacon and cheese! Cilantro and red onion are added for extra flavor. Homemade pizza never tasted so good!
BBQ Chicken Pizza is my favorite kind of pizza. Hands down. My hubby and kids love it too, so there are always a bunch of happy faces in our house, whenever I make it!
This pizza dough recipe is the bomb diggity. It comes from thee amazing Ree Drummond (Pioneer Woman). It is AMAZING dough. I am officially hooked!
My kids love it when I make the dough, roll it out into their own personal size, and let them put on their own toppings! They have a blast getting to create their own pizza 🙂 If you haven’t made your own pizza at home, than I suggest you do asap. There’s just nothing like it!
BBQ Chicken and Bacon Pizza
- 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 3/4 cups warm water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup + 3 Tablespoons barbecue sauce, divided
- 3 ½ cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sprinkle yeast over the warm water. Stir then set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour and salt. Drizzle in olive oil. Stir until combined. Next, pour in yeast/water mixture. Continue to mix until combined and a soft dough forms. (You can do this by hand or with a stand mixer, with paddle attachment, on low speed.)
- Coat a separate mixing bowl with a light drizzle of olive oil, and form dough into a ball. Turn to coat dough in oil, then cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Let dough sit, and double in size for at about an hour.
TOPPINGS FOR PIZZA:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a medium bowl, toss the cooked, shredded chicken in the 3 Tablespoons of barbecue sauce.
- Take the pizza dough and press into a large (16 inch) pizza pan or cookie sheet.
- Spread the remaining 1 cup of the barbecue sauce over the pizza dough. Sprinkle 3 cups of the mozzarella cheese on top.Sprinkle the chicken, bacon and onion over the cheese. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove pizza from oven, sprinkle evenly with cilantro. Return to oven and bake 2 more minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes or so before slicing and serving.