Southwest Chicken Pizza starts with ranch dressing and topped with seasoned chicken, black beans, salsa and lots of cheese. This pizza is incredible!
I admit to having a small pizza obsession. I could eat it every day and be one happy girl! I promise I don’t eat pizza every day, but we do eat it at least once a week. Usually on a Friday or Saturday night. Because of that I’m always thinking of different ways to create it. I love homemade pizza!
We had not seen our good friends, The Crosby’s, in a while so we invited them over for Sunday dinner last weekend. I made a batch of my favorite homemade pizza dough but still didn’t know what kind of pizza I would make. At the last minute, I dreamed up this Southwest Chicken Pizza. I was a little hesitant to test out a new recipe when we were having guests over, but I had a little feeling it would work.Let’s just say, it was a total hit! Hallelujah! 😉
I used ranch dressing as the base sauce then topped it with seasoned chicken, black beans, salsa, and lots and lots of Colby-jack cheese! 😛 I think what made it stand out the most was the tortilla strips I added on top! It gave the pizza a nice little crunch. 🙂
Southwest Chicken Pizza
- 1 pizza dough crust (Or use my homemade pizza dough recipe)
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 pound cooked, shredded chicken breast (season with salt and pepper)
- 1/2 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup tortilla strips (I used Chili Lime flavored tortilla strips)
- 3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Spray a 16-inch pizza pan or baking sheet with non-stick spray. Add pizza dough and press into the pan.
- Spread the ranch dressing evenly over the pizza dough, then top with 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Top the cheese evenly with the chicken, black beans and salsa. Sprinkle the top with remaining cheese and then the tortilla strips.
- Bake pizza for 12 to 14 minutes, or until edges of pizza are golden-brown and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Top with fresh cilantro, if desired.
30 thoughts on “Southwest Chicken Pizza”
This southwest chicken pizza has to make an appearance at our next pizza night! Love the flavors!
Jessica, you will love it! 🙂
Girlfriend! Id say you hit a homerun with this combo of deliciousness!! OLE! 😉
Thanks! You need to try it. It really is amazing!
Chicken, Pizza and Mexican inspired. That is a winning trio!
Thanks! It really is delicious. 🙂
Love this fun pizza you came up with. My family would love this so much!!!
All hail the Pizza Queen! Looks scrumptious!
Ooo, yummy, yummy pizza! I love the Southwest flavor idea in a pizza 🙂
I love pizza too, especially homemade!! I’ve never tried a southwest chicken version but looks delicious!
I made this for dinner last night and it was AMAZING! Best pizza we’ve had in a long time. The kids really enjoyed it as well. Thanks for another delicious recipe.
Thanks 🙂 Glad you loved it! The flavor really is amazing!
Are the tortilla strips like Fritos chips or actual corn tortillas that you’ve sliced? I was out getting ingredients and couldn’t figure this one out. I’m an east- coast reader 🙂
Sarah, sorry just saw this comment! The tortilla strips are actual tortilla strips.. The crunchy ones, but not Fritos. Although, you could use Fritos, too! Most grocery stores carry them in the croutons/salad dressing aisle. Not sure about east coast grocery stores, though. Hopefully, you can find them. If you cant, you could slice corn tortillas and bake or fry them.
This looks so good! Going to make this for my Bunco Babes 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
I love making pizza at home and it’s my routine for every Friday. This one looks really good and I’ll definitely try it soon!
I’m glad that I found your blog. You have a lot of lovely recipes with great photos 🙂
Wow, this looks so good! I’m looking forward to giving it a try.
Can you use Pilsbury Pizza Crust in a tube for this recipe?
Thank you! Can’t wait to try this recipe.
What kind of salsa did you use for this? Looks delicious! Going to add to our menu for next week!
I believe i just used Pace thick and chunky mild salsa 🙂
Thank you so much! I did my grocery shopping before I saw your reply and that is what I got. Trying it out tonight and attempting the homemade pizza dough!