Delicious shredded BBQ Chicken and Colby-Jack cheese are rolled up in pizza dough then baked to perfection. These BBQ Chicken Rollups would make for a yummy dinner or appetizer!
The other night I was getting ready to make our fave BBQ Chicken Pizza for dinner when I realized I was out of yeast. So there went the plans of making our homemade pizza dough. Luckily, I had a tube of crescent rolls sitting in the fridge, so I created these BBQ Chicken Rollups instead!
Cooked, shredded chicken slathered in barbecue sauce then rolled up in pizza dough. They are amazing! I added some colby-jack cheese and cilantro for added flavor. It was a good decision on my part. They turned out so so good! I can only imagine how much more delicious they’ll be when I use my homemade pizza dough next time. 🙂
- 2 small chicken breasts, cooked then shredded
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's is our favorite)
- 1 (8 oz.) tube Pillsbury® crescent rolls or sheet
- 1 cup shredded colby-jack cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Place cooked, shredded chicken in a medium bowl. Add barbecue sauce and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Unroll crescent dough from tube. Place dough on wax or parchment paper. Roll out into a 12x15 inch rectangle. Place shredded chicken evenly over dough. Top chicken evenly with shredded cheese. Roll up tightly, like you would a cinnamon roll. Rolling up from longer end.
- Cut roll into 12 equal pieces. Place in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake rolls, uncovered, for 22 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown and dough is cooked through. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with chopped, fresh cilantro, if desired.