Make dinner extra special with this amazing Taco Braid! It’s filled with seasoned ground beef, beans and cheese wrapped up in flaky, buttery pizza dough. The entire family will devour this one!
I received so much positive feedback on my Chicken Fajita Braid I figured I should play around more with these ‘braids’. These yummy pizza dough braids are so easy to make and the varieties you could make are endless! This time I chose to go with a southwest style braid and turned it into a taco! 🙂 This Taco Braid version was so delicious and such a big hit with my kids.
This amazing Taco Braid is filled with taco seasoned ground beef, refried beans, freshly grated cheddar cheese and salsa! I love that it’s wrapped up in warm, flaky, buttery pizza dough. We dipped each bite into ranch (my kids can’t live with out ranch dressing) and extra salsa. Oh, and don’t forget the sour cream. Guacamole or any taco topping would be so great with this.
What I loved the most is that it was such a fun twist on regular old tacos. It really is a cinch to whip up and will make Taco Tuesday night extra special!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 packet (1 ounce) taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (15 ounces) refried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 can (13.8 ounces) refrigerated Pillsbury Pizza Dough (or use my homemade pizza dough)
- Unravel pizza dough and let rest on a greased cookie sheet while you brown the ground beef. Cook beef in a large skillet over medium high heat. Drain grease. Add taco seasoning and 1 cup water. Mix well and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes on low heat.
- Now that dough has rested and room temperature, shape into a large rectangle. Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut one inch strips down along sides of dough. Spread the refried beans down the center of dough.
- Spread the seasoned ground beef on top of the beans, and then drizzle the salsa over the meat. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top. Now start braiding the one inch strips over the top.
- Bake at 375 F° for 20 minutes or until golden brown! Let cool 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!