This BBQ Chicken Salad is packed with amazing flavors! It’s filled with chicken, corn, black beans and more! BBQ Chicken Salad is quick to make and absolutely delicious!
Want more delicious salad recipes? Try these: California Pasta Salad, The Best Strawberry Chicken Salad, Crispy Chicken BLT Salad and Doritos Chicken Taco Salad.
I think it’s safe to say this BBQ Chicken Salad is my favorite salad ever. It is beyond delicious. The flavors and textures were just meant to be. Grilled chicken, barbecue sauce, black beans, corn and crunchy tortilla strips. Oh, and lettuce. Don’t forget the lettuce. This is a salad after all and it’s a party on a plate. haha 😉
Salads are one of those recipes that I love to make for lunch or dinner. They come together pretty easily and are usually healthy if you don’t pile on a ton of fatty dressings. Using just a little bit of dressing in salads can really let the other flavors stand out.
We like to mix together equal parts barbecue sauce and ranch dressing to serve as the dressing. A little goes a long way. You’ll really taste the fresh cilantro and red onion that really make this salad extra delicious.
This BBQ Chicken is salad is fresh, healthy and really really amazing!
BBQ Chicken Salad
A healthy and delicious BBQ Chicken salad that is packed with flavor!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 hearts Romaine lettuce, rinsed and chopped
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 oz.) bag frozen corn, cooked
- 1 cup Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- Tortilla strips
- Ranch dressing
- Barbecue sauce
- In a large non-stick skillet, over medium heat, add 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Cook chicken for 5 minutes on each side, or until thoroughly cooked in the center. Remove from skillet and place on a chopping board. Let rest a few minutes then cut in 1-inch pieces.
- To assemble the salad, place chopped romaine lettuce in a large bowl; top with chicken, beans, corn, cheese, onion and cilantro. Pour Ranch dressing and BBQ sauce on top of the salad and gently toss to combine. Divide salad among 4 to 6 bowls.
- Top with tortilla strips and serve!