Scrambled Egg Breakfast Muffins are protein-packed muffins made from hearty eggs, ham, bell pepper and cheese. They’re healthy, filled with flavor and a great way to start your day off right!
Let’s be real, mornings can sometimes be hectic and just busy. Especially now that school is back in session. Between getting the kids ready for school and making sure everyone gets to where they need to be, breakfast is usually the last thing on your mind. If anything, it’s just another hurdle you have to jump over. But with these Scrambled Egg Breakfast Muffins, you’ll have one less thing to worry about in the morning!
You can easily make these egg muffins ahead of time, refrigerate them, and then enjoy a hearty breakfast for the next few days to come. Simply take them out of the fridge when you’re ready for them, heat them in the microwave, and enjoy!
You don’t have to just stop at breakfast though, you can enjoy these for an afternoon snack, brunch, or even dinner. Whenever you’re in need of a little bit of extra protein or just a healthy snack, these Scrambled Egg Muffins are your answer!
Did I mention that these are protein packed, and also delicious and full of flavor?! The red bell peppers give that nice crunch and the green onion adds an extra burst of flavor. As for the cheese, who doesn’t love a good sprinkling of cheese? I know I sure do. 🙂
These muffins are very flexible, meaning you can easily add or leave out ingredients. Instead of ham you could try sausage, bacon, turkey, or leave the meat out altogether!
The same goes for the veggies, if you’re really feeling extra you could add in spinach, fresh tomato, Mozzarella or mushrooms! It’s really all up to you. You seriously can’t go wrong any way!
MORE DELICIOUS BREAKFAST RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Muffins
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a regular 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add eggs. Whisk until eggs are well beaten. Add in all remaining ingredients and stir until everything is combined.Scoop a little less than a 1/3 cup of mixture into each muffin cup.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until center of each egg muffin is thoroughly cooked.Remove from oven. Let stand 5 minutes to let cool before serving. Enjoy!Yields: 12 Scrambled Egg Breakfast Muffins
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!