This Sausage, Egg & Feta Hash is hearty, delicious and such a simple meal to throw together. It’s perfect for breakfast, brunch or dinner. This is definitely comfort food!
Hey guys, it’s Jodi again from 5 Boys Baker excited to share with you this crazy delicious Sausage, Egg & Feta Hash. If you’re in a dinner rut, then you definitely need to give this a try.
I sometimes change this up and use maple breakfast sausage which I absolutely love! Use whatever you like, though.
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into small chunks (you could also use red potatoes)
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 7 or 8 eggs (depending on how many you can fit in your pan)
- ⅔ cup crumbled Feta cheese
- Fresh minced parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer until almost fork tender, about 6 to 7 minutes. Drain.
- While potatoes are cooking, in a large skillet, cook and crumble sausage with onion over medium heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and place on a plate lined with a paper towel. If there is a lot of grease, drain off all but about a tablespoon.
- In that same skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until golden brown, 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cook sausage and mix until just combined.
- With the back of a spoon, make seven or eight wells in the potato mixture. Break one egg into each well. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until egg whites are set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 12-15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and season with more salt and pepper if needed.