This Sausage, Egg & Feta Hash is hearty, delicious and such a simple meal to throw together. It’s perfect for breakfast, brunch or dinner. This is definitely comfort food!
Hey guys, it’s Jodi again from 5 Boys Baker excited to share with you this crazy delicious Sausage, Egg & Feta Hash. If you’re in a dinner rut, then you definitely need to give this a try.
We love breakfast food around here and this couldn’t be more simple to throw together. Let’s be honest though, even as simple as this is to make, in the mornings I don’t usually take the time to make something like this for breakfast. It’s usually cold cereal and toast at least three days a week around here (please tell me I’m not the only one who is a slacker in the breakfast department). When I do take the time to make breakfast for my boys, it’s usually french toast or a bowl or Cream of Wheat or oatmeal with toast. If I do make them breakfast casserole, then it’s usually one I can make the night before.
So basically what I’m trying to say is this Sausage, Egg & Feta Hash 9 times out of 10 will show up on our dinner table instead of the kitchen counter for breakfast, but that’s ok because we LOVE breakfast for dinner!
I sometimes change this up and use maple breakfast sausage which I absolutely love! Use whatever you like, though.
Now if you’re not a fan of feta cheese, you can certainly swap it out for something else, like say shredded cheddar, pepper jack, sharp, etc. or even Parmesan cheese. I love feta and I think it gives this such a great flavor, but any cheese would be delicious on this! I mean, after all, it’s cheese!
Hope you love it!
Sausage, Egg and Feta Hash
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes cut into small chunks (you could also use red potatoes)
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 7 or 8 eggs depending on how many you can fit in your pan
- 2/3 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- Fresh minced parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer until almost fork tender, about 6 to 7 minutes. Drain.
- While potatoes are cooking, in a large skillet, cook and crumble sausage with onion over medium heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and place on a plate lined with a paper towel. If there is a lot of grease, drain off all but about a tablespoon.
- In that same skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until golden brown, 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cook sausage and mix until just combined.
- With the back of a spoon, make seven or eight wells in the potato mixture. Break one egg into each well. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until egg whites are set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 12-15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and season with more salt and pepper if needed.