This Strawberry Chicken Salad is truly the best! Grilled chicken, strawberries, sliced apples and more top this incredible salad. It’s so refreshing and delicious!
I apparently have a thing for Strawberry Salads. haha. I realized now as I am typing this blog post I have a few Strawberry Salads here on the blog. They are all incredible, but this Best Strawberry Chicken Salad tops them all.
Grilled chicken, strawberries, sliced apples and more top this incredible salad. It’s so refreshing and delicious! This recipe was inspired by the Strawberry Harvest Salad from Zupa’s restaurant.
My friend and I went to Las Vegas a few weeks ago and stopped there for lunch. We each had a bowl of soup and shared that salad. I was in salad bliss as I ate it, and kept telling her that I wanted to recreate it for my blog!
Zupa’s serves theirs with a Strawberry Champagne Vinaigrette dressing that is incredible! I really wanted to create that dressing too, but I didn’t have time, so I used my favorite bottles of creamy poppyseed and raspberry vinaigrette combined. You just can’t go wrong with either.
What I loved most about this salad was the sliced apples, crushed walnuts and the little bit of shredded Mozzarella cheese. It added a depth of flavor to a strawberry salad that I’d never had before. It was amazing! I believe it’s the perfect spring and summer salad, so I hope you make it soon. 🙂
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST STRAWBERRY CHICKEN SALAD:
Start by rinsing the romaine lettuce with water, then pat dry really well. Chop lettuce into small bite-size pieces. Place lettuce in a large bowl, then cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
Season chicken breasts with a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper. Grill on an indoor or outdoor grill pan until thoroughly cooked. Let cooked chicken rest five minutes then slice into strips.
While chicken is resting, slice the apples and strawberries. Spread fruit evenly over lettuce, then add craisins, shredded Mozzarella cheese and crushed walnuts. Top salad with the sliced chicken and serve with dressing. Enjoy every bite! 🙂
MORE STRAWBERRY SALADS YOU ARE SURE TO LOVE:
The Best Strawberry Chicken Salad
- 2 hearts romaine lettuce
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 gala apple
- 1/3 cup craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tablespoons crushed walnuts
- Creamy Poppyseed dressing
- Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Rinse lettuce in water, then pat dry. Chop lettuce into small bite-size pieces. Divide lettuce evenly among two medium bowls. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Season both chicken breasts with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook chicken on an indoor grill pan or outdoor grill, over medium-high heat, until thoroughly cooked. (Internal temperature of chicken needs to be 165 degrees F.)Let chicken rest for five minutes before slicing into strips.
- While chicken is resting, slice the apples and strawberries. Divide fruit evenly among the two bowls of lettuce. Then top each with craisins, shredded Mozzarella cheese and crushed walnuts.Top salads with the sliced chicken and serve with desired amount of dressing. Enjoy!