Strawberry Pretzel Salad is a dessert salad with a pretzel crust, a cream cheese filling, and topped with fresh strawberries and jello. It is delicious!
The first time I tried this Strawberry Pretzel Salad dessert I fell head over heels in love. My sis-in-law made it for a dutch oven cookout we had over Easter weekend. It was so good! It’s a cheesecake-like filling over a salty-sweet pretzel crust, topped with fresh strawberries and jello.
This salad screams summer! I’m still wondering why it’s called a salad… but oh well. 😉
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 box (6 ounces) instant strawberry jello
- 1 container (16 ounces) fresh strawberries, sliced OR 1 package (10 ounces) frozen strawberries
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 container (8 ounces) cool whip, thawed
- Combine crushed pretzels, brown sugar and melted butter together. Press into a lightly greased 9×13-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees, for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Make the jello according to package directions. Add in the fresh strawberries. Place jello into the refrigerator until it’s partially set. About an hour or so.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Fold in the cool whip. Spread mixture over the cooled crust, making sure to cover crust entirely. You want to make sure it goes all the way to the edges of pan. (This will help the jello not leak through to the crust)
- Pour jello over the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate at least 3 to 4 hours before serving! Enjoy 🙂