I can’t say enough good things about this Chicken Strawberry Pasta Salad. It is by far my most favorite salad to date. It’s loaded with grilled chicken, sliced strawberries, almonds and bow tie pasta over romaine lettuce. Some may say it’s odd to combine pasta and lettuce in a salad, but if you’ve never tried it don’t knock it until you do. It really is an awesome combo!
During the summer time I live off salads. I love the simplicity of them and not having to use my oven is always a bonus. 🙂 You can have this salad ready to rock in about 20 minutes, so it’s also perfect for those busy weeknights. You can chop up the lettuce and slice the strawberries in advance to make it even faster. It’s a win win recipe all the way around. My kids actually love this salad too. My family likes to eat it with this >> Strawberry Poppy Seed Dressing and I’ll use store bought creamy poppy seed if I don’t have any homemade on hand. It is delicious either way!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 ounces bow tie pasta
- 6 to 8 cups chopped fresh romaine lettuce
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing OR
- my homemade Strawberry Poppy Seed Dressing (recipe link below this card)
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Grill on a greased indoor grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat for 6 minutes on each side OR until cooked thoroughly. Remove from pan and let rest on a plate.
- Meanwhile, cook bow tie pasta in a pot of water until al dente. (According to package directions.) Drain water. Rinse pasta in cold water and drain again. Set aside.
- Place freshly chopped romaine lettuce into a large serving bowl. Add cold pasta, sliced strawberries and almonds. Chop cooked chicken into bite-size pieces and add to salad bowl. Gently toss to combine everything then serve in individual bowls. Serve immediately and enjoy with your favorite dressing.
- This recipe easily doubles and triples if needed.