This Mandarin Orange and Spinach Pasta Salad will be the hit of your barbecue or potluck get together. This pasta salad is packed with all things delicious and coated in a teriyaki dressing!
When I think of summer I think of barbecues, pool parties and potlucks! I am honestly sick of the cold even though I love fall and winter time. But I am ready for some sunshine and long summer days. We’ve been thinking about getting one of those stand up pools for our backyards so we can swim anytime we want. That means lots of barbecues and get togethers coming our way!
This Mandarin Orange and Spinach Pasta Salad has got to be one of my very favorite pasta salads eveeerrrr. I love all the flavor from the teriyaki dressing, and the textures of all the goodies inside. The mandarin oranges, dried cranberries and green onion are what make this salad so delicious, in my opinion. They just give it all the more flavor. And the easy teriyaki dressing you stir in just takes it to all kinds of amazing levels. 😀
Whenever I make this it goes FAST, and I am always asked for the recipe. I always give the original recipe I found from my cute friend Sarah’s blog High Heels and Grills. It has a few more additions that I leave out but I’m sure they would appeal to others tastes.
One more thing, this recipe I’m sharing to today makes plenty for my family of five. But if you need to serve to a larger crowd than I suggest to double it!
Mandarin Orange and Spinach Pasta Salad
Recipe type: Side Dish
- Teriyaki Dressing:
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup prepared Teriyaki sauce
- ⅓ cup white wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Pasta Salad:
- 8 ounces dried bow tie pasta
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- ⅓ cup craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 (6 ounce) bag baby spinach leaves
- In a small bowl combine dressing ingredients. Whisk together to combine and sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Rinse with cold water then drain again.
- Place cooked pasta in a large bowl. Pour teriyaki dressing over the pasta. Gently toss to coat pasta in dressing. Cover with lid and place in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve add the mandarin oranges, craisins, green onions, sesame seeds (if using) and baby spinach. Toss gently to combine everything then serve immediately. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: High Heels and Grills