Texas Roadhouse Rolls are even better made from your very own kitchen. Avoid the crowds and keep the baskets of rolls coming with this recipe!
IMITATION IS THE SINCEREST FORM OF FLATTERY
Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls are absolutely wonderful! These are so soft and delicious and they only get better when you slather on some Cinnamon Honey Butter. My family begs me to make them!
If you haven’t tried these rolls yet, no need to make reservations. I’ve got you covered with this copycat version. These are better than any steakhouse because they’re made with love from your own kitchen.
THE SWEET AND CREAMY STAR OF THE SHOW
Yes, this roll recipe makes one of the best dinner rolls that you’ll ever serve at your table. I love any excuse to make them because these rolls are vehicles for cinnamon honey butter! That is truly why these rolls are irresistible! They’re so good you can serve them for an appetizer, side, and dessert. The cinnamon honey butter is super simple to assemble.
- ½ cup of butter – make sure the butter is brought to room temperature before mixing.
- ¼ cup of honey – Any honey bear will do, but I recommend local honey.
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon – the perfect hint of spice.
Mix and chill in the fridge before serving. You’ll be scraping the bottom of the bowl with a roll to get the last bit of this delicious butter.
THE BEST ROLLS EVER
You don’t have to leave your home to enjoy this fantastic restaurant style recipe. No need for any industrial ovens or mixers either. Everything you have in your kitchen will work just fine. The recipe yields 24 rolls, so unless you need to feed an entire restaurant full of people, this recipe is the perfect amount. These rolls are so fluffy and delicious, especially with the cinnamon honey butter. You’ll be reaching over the top of one another to make sure you grab the last one.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE OF MY FAVORITE ROLLS TO SHARE WITH THE FAMILY!
Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Rolls – Buttermilk biscuits baked with garlic, herbs, and plenty of melted cheese.
French Bread Rolls – A bit of Paris all rolled up into little rolls. These are my go-to rolls for dinners and parties.
Rosemary Rolls – Fluffy and buttery dinner rolls with herbaceous rosemary infusion.
Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks – Pair your pasta with a homemade breadstick with plenty of butter, garlic, and parmesan cheese.
Texas Roadhouse Rolls and Cinnamon Honey Butter
- 4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 cups whole milk scalded and cooled to lukewarm
- 3 Tablespoons salted butter melted and cooled slightly
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in the bowl of a stand mixer. Once yeast has dissolved and proofed, add milk, sugar and 2 cups of flour.Beat thoroughly on medium speed. Let stand until foamy (about 2 minutes). Add melted butter, eggs and salt. Beat well.
- Add in another 5 cups of flour, slowly, to form a soft dough. *NOTE* Do not use more than 7 cups of flour total. The dough will be very soft and somewhat sticky, you may think it needs more flour, but it does not.
- Knead dough on a floured surface, until it is smooth and satiny. ( I kneaded mine in my stand mixer with the dough hooks, for about 4 minutes) If you knead it with your hands, you will need to grease up your hands with some cooking spray and a bit of flour, to help the dough from not sticking to your hands.Once kneaded, place dough into a large, greased bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Once dough has risen, remove from bowl and place onto a lightly floured surface. Lightly flour a rolling pin, and roll dough out into a large rectangle, that is a 1/2 inch thick. Carefully handling dough, fold the rectangle in half, to form a smaller, 1 inch thick rectangle. Using a pizza cutter, slice dough into 24 large squares or 48 small squares. Place squares onto greased cookie sheets. Cover, and let rise again, until doubled in size.
- Bake rolls at 350 degrees F. for 16 to 18 minutes, or until lightly golden on top. Remove from oven, and immediately brush tops with butter. Serve rolls with Cinnamon Honey Butter.
- Cinnamon Honey Butter: Mix together 1/2 cup salted butter, 1/4 cup honey and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Store covered in fridge to chill before serving.