There are few things better in life than warm, buttery bread fresh out of the oven. These Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks are that and then some!
There are few things better in life than warm, soft, buttery bread fresh out of the oven. It is by far one of life’s greatest pleasures! 🙂 These breadsticks I’m sharing today are really the best ever. They’re so soft and delicious, and the garlic bread seasoning tops them off to total perfection.
I love how easy this breadstick recipe is. Only 5 ingredients and hardly any rise time. They are basically fool proof. Seriously. I think the only thing that could mess these up is over-flouring the dough, so be careful on that! Less is more 😉 I love to make these breadsticks anytime we have spaghetti for dinner, or really any time I have an excuse to make them. 😀 We’ve also tried these without the garlic seasoning, and topped them with cinnamon and sugar instead. SO. GOOD. It is the ultimate treat!
Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks
Soft, buttery breadsticks topped with a garlic Parmesan seasoning. These really are the best breadsticks ever!
- 1 1/2 cups warm water 105 - 110 degrees F°
- 1 Tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, or in the bowl of a stand-mixer, add warm water, instant yeast, sugar and salt. Stir to combine (using the dough hook if in the stand-mixer)
- Add 2 cups flour and mix well. Gradually add in the rest of the flour until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and sticks to your finger a little bit. (Remember to only add up to 4 cups flour total. Adding too much flour will make the breadsticks too dense and not soft.)
- Cover bowl and allow to rise 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Remove dough from bowl and place on a clean and lightly-floured surface. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray. Roll dough into a large rectangle, about 1-inch thick, and cut into 12 strips with a pizza cutter.
- Roll out each piece of dough into a long rope then twist. Place dough twist onto prepared baking sheet and repeat with the rest of dough, placing side by side on baking sheet.
- Cover and let rest 30 minutes to rise again until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden-brown. Remove from oven and rub a 1/2 stick of butter over the warm breadsticks. Sprinkle tops evenly with Garlic Bread Seasoning!
- Serve and enjoy!
Click the link below this recipe card for Garlic Bread Seasoning recipe.