Lunch Lady Peanut Butter Bars are soft cookie bars that are topped with a simple, yet delicious chocolate frosting. These bars are a peanut butter lover’s dream come true!
Oh friends, do I have a treat for you today! Let me introduce to you these Lunch Lady Peanut Butter Bars. They are amazing!
I have to admit, I’m not the biggest peanut butter fan. I do enjoy a good peanut butter and jelly sandwich from time to time, but that’s about it. Well, that all changed for me the day I first made these Lunch Lady Peanut Butter Bars. From the second I sank my teeth into that chewy, moist cookie bar, I declared it love at first bite! 😄
The cookie itself is rich and decadent and full of that salty-sweet peanut butter flavor. It basically melts in your mouth! But the addition of the simple, homemade chocolate frosting is what really completes these delicious bars though.
As we all know, peanut butter and chocolate are basically a match made in flavor-combo heaven! They compliment each other in the most unfathomable ways. And to have a creamy chocolate frosting slathered all over the top of the peanut butter bars? Well, let’s just say I hope you weren’t serious about that new year’s diet.
One of the many things I love about these is that instead of having to individually scoop out the dough like normal cookies, you just spread out all of the batter evenly onto a baking sheet! It saves you so much extra time and makes it so the frosting can be spread on effortlessly!
One pan makes a lot (depending on how you choose to cut them), but I haven’t yet decided if that’s a good or bad thing. It’s a good thing if you’re planning on serving to a crowd, it’s a bad thing if you’re just making it for your family, because then you’ll be tempted to eat the whole pan. 😉
MORE DELICIOUS DESSERTS YOU MAY LIKE:
Lunch Lady Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 5 Tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a large (17 x 12 x 1 inch) baking sheet with non-stick spray. Set aside.In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and brown sugar together with an electric hand-mixer until combined and creamy.Add peanut butter, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix well to combine.
- Slowly mix in flour, oats, baking powder and salt. Mix until well combined.Spread cookie dough out in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. (This cookie dough is sticky so this takes a little patience to spread out. I spray the back of a spoon with cooking spray to help spread the batter out.)Bake bars for 16 to 18 minutes. They will be nice and golden. (I bake mine for 18 minutes in my oven.) Remove bars from oven and let cool.
- FROSTING: Mix all frosting ingredients until smooth and creamy.Spread frosting evenly on top of peanut butter bars. Cut into squares. Serve and enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!