Lunch Lady Brownies are moist, full of chocolate flavor and absolutely delicious. They’re like the ones the lunch ladies served at school lunch, but this homemade version is better!
Lunch Lady Brownies are the best brownies ever. They’re like the ones the lunch ladies served for school lunch dessert, but this homemade version is better!
I’ve been on a brownie kick lately. I don’t know what’s come over me. Maybe it’s the stress of selling our house (which we finally sold. Yay!) and it could also be the pre-stress of building the new one soon. I’m not quite sure. All I know is that these brownies were sent from heaven above. And that I ate four. For real. 😉
These Lunch Lady Brownies are simply incredible. Fudgy, chewy and totally amazing. Apparently, it’s an old recipe from the sweet ladies who served our lunches in Elementary school. I honestly don’t remember the brownies in Elementary school, but I do remember the rolls and the pizza. Do you remember how good those dinner rolls were? After I would eat mine I would go around the lunch table asking everyone else if I could have theirs. Haha.
If you’re a brownie lover then try these other amazing recipes:
Lunch Lady Brownies
- 1 cup salted butter melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup salted butter softened
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with foil and spray foil with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand-mixer, add the melted butter and cocoa powder. Using the paddle attachment, blend until smooth.
- Add the flour and sugar. Beat together then add eggs and vanilla. Mix just until combined. Don’t over mix. (Batter will be thick)
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and spread out evenly. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove brownies from oven and let stand 15 minutes before frosting. You want the brownies still warm when you frost them!
- Beat together all the frosting ingredients until smooth. Pour and spread over warm brownies. Let brownies cool completely before cutting and serving.