Sometimes you just need a rich, gooey, chocolatey brownie to make everything okay. You really do. These amazing homemade Chocolate Fudge Brownies are that and then some! 😉
This past week has been crazy with work being so busy, all the house buying hoopla, and just knowing that I have to pack up my house and move in less than 2 weeks. It makes me stress out and crave chocolate big time.
I knew these brownies would make me feel better. They were so very delicious. I think I had more fun making them than eating them, but I’m weird like that. Baking calms my nerves, but the end result to enjoy is pretty great too.
Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Chocolate Glaze:
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 teaspoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, heat the butter and chocolate at 30 second intervals, until melted. Stir together well.
- Using a whisk, stir in brown and granulated sugars into the melted chocolate. Add in eggs and vanilla and continue to whisk until combined. Pour chocolate mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Using a spatula, fold the chocolate mixture into the flour mixture, just until combined. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let brownies cool completely before topping with glaze.
- For Chocolate glaze: In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla and water. Stir until it is smooth and pourable. Pour glaze over the cooled brownies. Use the back of a spoon to spread evenly. Let stand (or place in fridge) until glaze is set. (About 30 minutes)
- Cut into 9 squares and serve. Enjoy!
Serving: 9g | Calories: 331kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 156mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 38g
13 thoughts on “Chocolate Fudge Brownies”
I can only imagine the stress with all of that! Good luck, and eat more brownies!
Oh my goodness, these look heavenly! I can’t wait to try out this recipe! I think a recipe like this is what they meant when they said, “Death by chocolate”! 🙂
I triple love Joy. She’s amazing. Like these brownies look. Great pics!
Okay, yum. And 2 weeks? Wow, that’s fast. If I lived near you I’d help, and bring brownies. 🙂
Brownies make everything better!!! Definitely make up another pan and keep it by your side while you do moving stuff! These one look fantastic!!!
These look so good! Been thinking about that book! 🙂
brownies are looking so mouthwatering. I can have anytime with scoop if ice cream
These would make my family VERY happy…they love brownies, but frosted brownies are even better!
I don’t need a stressful day to make me want bownies, U crave them daily, ha! These look especially delish! Good luck with the packing/moving.
Holly – absolutely mouth-watering and fudgy looking….oh I wish we lived closer so I could be a taste tester at your house. =)
nice posting. thanks for sharing