I apologize for being MIA lately. We have been so busy the last week with Emma’s birthday party and getting ready for the new school year. I have to be honest, I am so happy the kids start school tomorrow. I love them dearly and we had an incredible summer, but Momma’s ready for a little peace and quiet while I work now. 🙂
I made these Twix brownies for Emma’s birthday party and they were really amazing. They taste just like the famous candy bar with the caramel and shortbread layers. The brownie at the bottom take them to that next level of deliciousness. I will say they do take longer to make than most brownie recipes, but they are well worth it! Trust me. 🙂
Amazing brownies with a caramel and shortbread layer, just like the candy bar!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 oz.) box Lorna Doone's shortbread cookies
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 (11 oz.) bag caramel bits
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1½ cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon shortening
- BROWNIES: Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 9x13-inch glass baking pan with non-stick spray. Cream butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined. Add salt, cocoa powder and flour gradually to wet mixture until combined. Don't over mix. Pour brownie batter into prepared pan and spread out evenly. Bake 25 to 28 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- SHORTBREAD LAYER: Place shortbread cookies in a food processor and crush until fine crumbs. Place crumbs in a bowl and add cream cheese and sugar. Beat with a hand-mixer until combined. Press this mixture evenly over cooled brownies.
- CARAMEL LAYER: Place caramel bits and milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted. Pour over shortbread layer. Place in fridge to let cool completely.
- CHOCOLATE LAYER: Place chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until melted. Pour over caramel layer. Place in fridge to let brownies set before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
*This recipe makes 12 large brownies or 24 small brownies.