Being a food blogger has me in the kitchen way more than I used to be and I love it! One of the many reasons I love being a blogger is all the new recipes I get to try, and also experimenting and creating recipes I normally wouldn’t make. For instance, homemade ranch dressing.
This was the first time I attempted homemade ranch, without the handy little dry-mix packet, and I was blown away at how good it tasted! It was such a cinch to make, and it felt good serving it to my family knowing how much healthier it is than the stuff in the packet.
We are ranch dressing snobs at our house. We literally eat it with everything. I’m sure a lot of you can relate, so that gives you all the more reason to try this recipe! It really is fantastic. This dry mix recipe below makes enough dressing for 3 batches. Just keep it in a sealed container, and when you’re ready to make some more ranch, it’ll be sitting in your cupboard just waiting for you 🙂
Dry Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 Tablespoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 Tablespoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons dried onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Stir all the ingredients together in a small container. Seal with a lid and store in a cool dry place. (Your spice cupboard!)
- 2 Tablespoons dry ranch seasoning mix (recipe above)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups low fat buttermilk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- Stir together the dry ranch mix, mayonnaise, buttermilk, sour cream and lemon juice with a whisk, in a large pitcher or sealable container, until combined.
- Chill dressing in the fridge at least 2 hours before serving. Stays fresh in the fridge for 1 week.
Recipe adapted from: One Good Thing by Jillee