Creamy Ranch Dressing is so delicious and simple to create. The flavors in this homemade dressing are sure to please any ranch-lover!
Creamy Ranch Dressing is hands down the most popular dressing in my home. Wherever we go eat, and whatever we eat, a side of ranch dressing is a must! My family and I can dip anything into this flavor-packed dressing, so that is why I keep a bottle of it in my fridge at all times. Not only is this recipe simple to make, it is absolutely delicious.
WHAT IS CREAMY RANCH DRESSING?
My ranch is silky, creamy, and smooth. It includes buttermilk, mayo and sour cream a long with dried parsley, garlic and onion. A benefit of using dried spices instead of fresh is that they can be stored for a long time. That way, any time I need to make this dressing I already have most of the ingredients on hand.
This recipe is extremely simple even though it comes in two parts. The first list of ingredients is for the dry seasoning mixture. The second list is for the wet ingredients to combine with 2 Tablespoons of the dry mixture.
DRY RANCH SEASONING MIX:
1/2 Tablespoon black pepper
2 1/2 Tablespoons dried parsley flakes
1 Tablespoon garlic salt
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 Tablespoon garlic powder
1 1/2 Tablespoons dried onion powder
3/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
CREAMY RANCH DRESSING:
2 Tablespoons dry ranch seasoning mix (recipe above)
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, optional
HOW DO I MAKE CREAMY RANCH DRESSING?
Mix together all of the dry seasonings. Once they are mixed, place in a sealed container. It can be stored in a pantry or cabinet for up to a few months.
Whisk together 2 Tablespoons of the dry seasoning with the wet ingredients. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to chill and thicken. If stored properly in the fridge, the dressing will last up to 2 week.
I recommend this on salads, sandwiches, veggies, and pizza. Yes, pizza! The next time you have a hot fresh slice of cheese or pepperoni pizza try dunking a slice in it. It is amazing! I am also a fan of dipping French fries in it. Yum!
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE OF MY FAVORITE DRESSINGS!
Tomatillo Dressing – A delicious Mexican inspired salad dressing with lots of ranch flavor and a hint of heat.
Light Creamy Tomatillo Dressing – A lighter version of the traditional recipe perfect for a taco salad.
Strawberry Poppyseed Dressing – This light and fruity dressing is perfect for almost any green salad.
Dry Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 Tablespoon black pepper
- 2 ½ Tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 Tablespoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ Tablespoons dried onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Stir all the ingredients together in a small container. Seal with a lid and store in the pantry or cupboard.
Creamy Ranch Dressing
- 2 Tablespoons dry ranch seasoning mix (recipe above)
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk *(if you like thicker ranch use less buttermilk. Start with only a half cup.)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, optional
- In a large bowl or pitcher, whisk together the dry ranch mix, mayonnaise, buttermilk, sour cream and lemon juice, until combined.
- Seal with a lid and let dressing chill in the fridge at least 2 hours before serving. Dressing stays fresh in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.