If you’re a fan of Cafe Rio’s Creamy Tomatillo Dressing then you are going to love this lightened up version. It’s just as delicious but healthier!
Kale and I order Cafe Rio salads at least once a week. No joke. We love their amazing food and look forward to it all the time. We each have our own special favorites we like to order. Kale loves their Sweet Pork Salad. I have my own copycat version —> here if you want to check it out. It tastes exactly like the real thing. We love it!
As for myself, I like their Fire Grilled Chicken Salad. Oh goodness, it’s great. I love the charred sides on the chicken. Mmmm It makes it extra tasty! But what makes these salads the best is the dressing. Hands down, the Creamy Tomatillo Dressing. It’s rich, creamy and zesty goodness. I slather it all over my salad! I think the only downfall to it is that it’s super fattening.
The other week when we were eating it again, I decided to come up with my own lightened up version. I used the base of the one I already have on my blog —> here. Guys, it turned out incredible! So incredible and just as good as the original. It’s just as creamy and delicious but healthier and lighter. We totally loved it and I know it’ll be new staple when we enjoy Cafe Rio copycat recipes at home. 😀
Light Creamy Tomatillo Dressing
Recipe type: Dressing/Sauces
Serves: 2½ cups
- 1 (1 oz.) package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup light Mayonnaise
- 2 small Tomatillos (Mexican husk tomatoes)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped (measure then chop)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ½ to 1 small jalapeno, seeds removed
- Remove husks from tomatillos. Chop into small pieces.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Cover with lid. Blend until combined and smooth.
- Pour dressing in a container and cover. Refrigerate at least 2 hours to chill before serving.
*Dressing stays good covered and stored in refrigerator for one week.