Creamy Tomatillo Dressing is a delicious ranch dressing with Mexican flavors. This dressing goes great on salads, burritos, tacos and more!
This homemade Creamy Tomatillo Dressing is an amazing ranch dressing filled with Mexican flavors. It goes so well on salads, burritos, tacos and more!
The original recipe comes from the ever amazing Cafe Rio restaurant. It’s a household staple that is incredible tasting and easy to prepare.
I don’t know a soul yet that doesn’t adore this yummy stuff. 🙂
I experimented with a few of the copycat versions and the one I’m sharing today is my favorite! We love to serve this with just about anything!
My kids like to pour a little over my Mexican Rice and I also love to make my Smothered Chicken Burritos with it. The delicious options are endless. 🙂
Try these other delicious Cafe Rio copycat recipes:
Creamy Tomatillo Dressing
- 2 small Tomatillos (green Mexican husk tomatoes)
- 1/2 to 1 small jalapeno (ribs and seeds removed, then chopped)
- 1 cup cilantro (measure then chop)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup mayo
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Remove husks from tomatillos. Chop into small pieces. Place in blender or food processor.
- Add all the other remaining ingredients. Cover with lid. Blend until combined and smooth.
- Pour dressing in a container and cover tightly with lid. Refrigerate at least 2 hours to chill before serving.
Yields: 2 cups dressing Dressing stays good covered tightly for up to 1 week in refrigerator.
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!