I don’t think I need to introduce you to this amazing Creamy Tomatillo Dressing. We all love this Cafe Rio staple. Their flavorful dressing is heaven sent, and this copycat version is almost identical to the real thing. 😀
I’ve experimented with this recipe about a million times. I have made it so many different ways whenever I make homemade Cafe Rio Chicken and the Sweet Pork. Not one has compared to this one I’m sharing today.
This dressing goes perfectly with any Mexican dish! We like it over salads, tacos, burritos and even pour a little over Mexican rice. It’s so good I could drink it! 😉
- 1 (1 oz.) package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Mayo
- 2 small Tomatillos (Mexican husk tomatoes)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped (measure then chop)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ½ to 1 small jalapeno, seeds removed
- Remove husks from tomatillos. Chop into small pieces.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until combined and smooth.
- Pour dressing in a container and cover. Refrigerate atleast 2 hours to chill before serving.
Dressing stays good for 1 week in refrigerator.