Oven Baked Honey Lime Chicken Tacos are simple to prepare and so delicious. The honey and lime flavors pair perfectly with the seasoned chicken and pepper-jack cheese!
The other day I was on my blog looking over some recipes when I saw our beloved Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas. Just looking at the photos started some major cravings, but they don’t really fit into my current diet, so that’s when these Oven Baked Honey Lime Chicken Tacos were born. 🙂
Tender and flavorful chicken loaded up into crunchy corn tortillas. I threw on a little cheese (because what is a taco without cheese?) and popped them in the oven. Once they were ready, I just brought the baking dish right over to the table and everyone grabbed a taco. It was so easy and nice serving tacos this way!
The end result was AMAZING. These honey lime chicken tacos were SO delicious. We topped ours with light sour cream and salsa and went straight to taco heaven. Yum!
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE MORE OF OUR FAVORITE TACO RECIPES:
Oven Baked Honey Lime Chicken Tacos
- 1 ½ pounds cooked, shredded chicken breast (a rotisserie chicken works great for this recipe)
- 1/2 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 8 corn taco shells (I use the 'stand n' stuff' shells from Old El Paso)
- 1 cup freshly grated Pepper Jack cheese
- chopped cilantro
- sour cream
- Note** I bake raw chicken breasts in a 375° F. oven for 30 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees F. Then shred cooked chicken. (A rotisserie chicken also works great for this recipe.)
- Place cooked, shredded chicken in a large bowl. Add the chili powder, paprika, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to bowl. Toss to combine. Drizzle in the honey and lime juice. Toss again to combine everything.
- Place the corn tortillas in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Divide the chicken evenly among the taco shells and place inside. Top each with a little Pepper Jack cheese.
- Bake in a 350° F. oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is heated through. Serve warm with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!