Chicken Street Tacos are filled with grilled chicken, onion, cabbage and fresh cilantro. Top them off with some Cotija cheese and Creamy Cilantro Dressing for one amazing taco!
Tacos are my ultimate weakness. I eat them more than any normal person should. I love ALL kinds of tacos, especially street tacos.
These Chicken Street Tacos were inspired from a trip to Disneyland we took a few years ago at Christmas time. I tried them at a restaurant in downtown Disney, so they weren’t technically ‘street’, but they were so delicious I had to come home and create them for my family. I mean, for me. haha. 😉
Let me explain how phenomenal these tacos are. You start off seasoning some chicken with a super simple spice combo then grill it up on a skillet or a grill pan. Easy peasy.
Next, grab some corn tortillas and load them up with the grilled chicken, chopped cabbage (it gives the tacos an amazing crunch), onion, cilantro and some Cotija cheese. Yum!
These chicken tacos are SO GOOD, my friends. I think I ate three in one sitting.
What really made these tacos extra delicious was the Creamy Tomatillo Dressing I poured all over them. It gave the tacos a perfect dressing to finish them off. Please do yourselves a favor and make these. They’d be a perfect dinner to make on Cinco de Mayo or any day of the week. 🙂
MORE TACO RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Chicken Street Tacos
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 2 cups chopped purple cabbage
- 1 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1 recipe for Creamy Tomatillo Dressing
- 12 small corn tortillas
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet or grill pan over medium heat. Spray heavily with cooking spray.
- Pound chicken breasts to an even thickness or cut in half lengthwise to form thinner cutlets. They’ll cook more evenly this way.
- Combine salt, ground cumin, chili, garlic and onion powder together in a small bowl. Season both sides of all chicken breasts generously with spice mixture.
- When skillet is nice and hot, add 3 chicken breasts and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until chicken is completely cooked in the center. ( You don’t want to overcrowd the pan, so cook chicken in 2 batches)
- Once chicken is cooked, transfer to a large cutting board and cut into bite-size strips.
- Meanwhile, heat the corn tortillas in the microwave for 10 to 20 seconds to warm up or you can warm them up on a skillet.
- To assemble tacos, add some chicken down the center of one corn tortilla. Add a couple Tablespoons each of chopped cilantro, raw onion and purple cabbage. Sprinkle the top with a little Cotija cheese and Creamy Tomatillo dressing.
- Repeat with all chicken, tortillas and toppings. Serve immediately and enjoy!
*You can bake the seasoned chicken in a 375 F° oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.