Today’s recipe has to be one of my favorites. These Shredded Beef Tacos are AMAZING! So flavorful, so delicious and made in the beloved crock pot. 🙂
As the beef slow cooked all day, my house smelled fantastic! I couldn’t wait for dinner because of that aroma teasing me all day! Once it was ready I was dying to dig in, but couldn’t, because of course I had to take pictures for the blog first. That is probably one of the hardest things (okay, not hardest) but most annoying things about being a food blogger. Ha! 😉
I couldn’t wait to come blog about this recipe. You guys will love it!
- 1 (2.5 lb) chuck roast
- 1 (14 oz) can beef broth
- 1½ Tablespoons chili powder
- ½ Tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Warm flour or corn tortillas
- Shredded lettuce
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Diced tomato
- Sour Cream
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray. Place roast inside crock pot. Pour the beef broth over the roast and then squeeze with fresh lime juice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle the roast with the spice mixture.
- Cover with lid, and cook on Low heat 8 to 10 hours, or on High heat 5 to 6 hours. Remove roast from crock pot and transfer to a large platter. Shred meat and remove any fat.
- Return shredded beef to crock pot. Cover with lid and cook an additional 30 minutes. Remove beef with tongs to drain juices before serving in tortillas. Serve with desired toppings.