Crock Pot Shredded Beef Tacos are so easy to make and absolutely delicious. The shredded beef slow cooks all day in the crock pot, so you don’t have to worry about it until dinner time!
Try these other crock pot favorites: Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas, Crock Pot Taco Soup, Crock Pot Queso Blanco Dip and Crock Pot Chicken Caesar Wraps.
Today’s recipe has to be one of my favorites. These Shredded Beef Tacos are AMAZING! So flavorful, so delicious and made in the beloved crock pot. 🙂
As the beef slow cooked all day, my house smelled fantastic! I couldn’t wait for dinner because of that aroma teasing me all day! Once it was ready I was dying to dig in, but couldn’t, because of course I had to take pictures for the blog first. That is probably one of the hardest things (okay, not hardest) but most annoying things about being a food blogger. Ha! 😉
I couldn’t wait to come blog about this recipe. You guys will love it!
Crock Pot Shredded Beef Tacos
Author: Life in the Lofthouse
- 1 (2.5 lb) chuck roast
- 1 (14 oz) can beef broth
- 1½ Tablespoons chili powder
- ½ Tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Warm flour or corn tortillas
- Shredded lettuce
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Diced tomato
- Sour Cream
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray. Place roast inside crock pot. Pour the beef broth over the roast and then squeeze with fresh lime juice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle the roast with the spice mixture.
- Cover with lid, and cook on Low heat 8 to 10 hours, or on High heat 5 to 6 hours. Remove roast from crock pot and transfer to a large platter. Shred meat and remove any fat.
- Return shredded beef to crock pot. Cover with lid and cook an additional 30 minutes. Remove beef with tongs to drain juices before serving in tortillas. Serve with desired toppings.