Crock Pot Taco Soup is a flavorful soup filled with beans, corn, ground beef and taco seasoning. We like to top it with our favorite taco toppings! This soup will warm you up and fill your belly during these colder months!
Slow cooker recipes are SO easy to make and are one of my favorite ways to prepare dinner. They work wonderfully on busy weeknights, especially with this Crock Pot Taco Soup!
I love how I can just throw everything together to cook as I go about my daily errands, appointments, and workload. Then when dinner rolls around it’s ready to go!
You can really dress this soup up with some yummy additions. Tortilla strips, sour cream, shredded cheese, and green onion are just a few delicious options. But keep in mind that the options are pretty much endless, which makes this the perfect meal to feed to anyone!
I like to fill a bunch of bowls with all kinds of different toppings to make the perfect ‘build-your-own’ soup bar.
I’ve done this for fall parties in the past and it’s always a big hit. I just double the recipe to serve a larger crowd. Everyone digs right in by adding all their desired toppings to make it their own favorite soup! Yum.
MORE CROCK POT RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Crock Pot Taco Soup
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) sweet corn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 2 cans (14 ounces, each) chicken broth
- 1 packet (1 ounce) taco seasoning
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch + 2 Tablespoons water
- Brown and crumble ground beef in a large skillet until thoroughly cooked. Drain grease. Add beef to a large greased crock pot. (I use a 7 quart size crock pot.)
- Add beans, tomatoes, corn, enchilada sauce, chicken broth, taco seasoning and tomato paste to crock pot. Stir to combine.Cover with lid and cook on low heat 3 to 6 hours.
- Mix together the cornstarch and water to create a slurry. Add to the soup in crock pot and stir.
- Cover with lid again and let heat for another 30 minutes. (Soup should be thickened at this point.)
- Serve soup warm with shredded cheese, tortilla strips, sour cream, etc. Enjoy!