Crock Pot Taco Soup is my idea of the best comfort food this time of year. It’s full of delicious beans, corn, ground beef and wonderful taco seasoning!
Crock Pot Taco Soup is my idea of the best comfort food this time of year so I just couldn’t wait to share this recipe with you! If you follow me on Instagram (and I hope you do!) then you may have saw pictures of my Thanksgiving decorations. Yep, I am one of “those” that doesn’t put my Christmas tree and decor up until the day after Thanksgiving. I like to enjoy each individual holiday on it’s own. Even though I am listening to Christmas music in my car. haha
Okay, I don’t know why I went off about holiday decorations, but let’s get back to this amazing taco soup recipe. This is probably one of the easiest soups you’ll ever make and it’s so delicious. It is a winner of a slow cooker soup for sure! This Crock Pot Taco Soup is one that you can throw everything in the crock pot before work and just keep it on the warm setting all day. Once you get home just quickly brown up the ground beef and dinner is done. *high five* 😀 We love to top ours with lots of cheese, tortilla strips and sour cream. Talk about the best little dinner ever!
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (15.25 oz.) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 (10 oz.) can green enchilada sauce
- 2 (14 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 1 (1 oz.) packet taco seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch + 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- Add beans, tomatoes, corn, enchilada sauce, chicken broth and taco seasoning to a large crock pot. Stir to combine. Cover with lid and cook on low heat 3 to 6 hours. (Mine was hot and ready after 3 hours. If you're leaving this in while at work keep it on the warm setting for 8 hours.)
- Mix together the cornstarch and water to create a slurry. Add to the soup in crock pot and stir. This will help thicken the soup.
- Brown and crumble the ground beef in a large skillet until thoroughly cooked. Drain grease. Add beef to crock pot and stir to combine.
- Serve soup warm with shredded cheese, tortilla strips, sour cream, etc. Enjoy!