Tender chicken, potatoes, corn and more are all inside this delicious Slow Cooker Chicken Corn Chowder. It makes for one comforting meal on a cold fall night!
I couldn’t wait any longer for the temps to fall to make this incredible Slow Cooker Chicken Corn Chowder! It’s one of those soups that screams comfort food on a cold fall or winter day. Chicken, potatoes, corn and more are packed inside this amazing chowder making it one amazing meal.
I have been making this for over 10 years. I got the original recipe from an old co-worker at Rococo’s steakhouse where I worked many moons ago. 🙂 Ryan was his name and he cooked this soup all the time during the lunch rush. He went on to make a cookbook with all his amazing soup recipes. This one is by far my favorite. It is so simple yet so flavorful.
I changed the original recipe a bit by cutting way down on the butter and cream. I also made it specifically for the slow cooker, so it could do the cooking for me while I go about my day.
This recipe is a keeper, my friends. I hope you give it a try very soon. You won’t regret eating a bowl of this wonderful chowder!
Chicken Corn Chowder
- ¼ cup butter
- 5 pounds Russet potatoes, peeled then cubed
- 3 large chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch pieces
- ½ Tablespoon black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (10 oz.) bags frozen corn
- 1½ Tablespoons cornstarch + 2 Tablespoons water
- 1½ pints heavy whipping cream
- 5 slices bacon, cooked then chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- Cube butter then place in the bottom of a large (I use a 7 quart) greased crock pot. Wash and peel potatoes, then cube. Place potatoes and chicken pieces over butter. Season with black pepper. Pour in chicken broth and corn.
- Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 6 hours OR on high heat 4 hours.
- After time is up mix together cornstarch and water to create a slurry. Pour into crock pot. Then pour in the heavy whipping cream. Gently stir to combine everything. Cover with lid again and cook another 20 minutes or until chowder has thickened. Serve warm in individual bowls and garnish with bacon, cheese and green onion. Enjoy!
Serving size: 10 Calories: 692 Fat: 42g Saturated fat: 25g Unsaturated fat: 14g Carbohydrates: 59g Sugar: 4g Sodium: 521mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 25g Cholesterol: 160mg