Mummy Hot Dogs are a fun and creative spin on the classic pigs in a blanket! Flaky crescent dough is wrapped around hot dogs and mustard eyes are added to look like scary mummies!
These delicious Mummy Hot Dogs are a classic Halloween recipe that makes for the perfect October-time dinner or a fun addition to your next Halloween party!
I always love finding adorable Halloween treats and appetizers to make during the spooky season. Even though my kids are pretty grown up, they still get a kick out of any (and all) Halloween inspired goodies I decide to make. I mean, let’s be real, who wouldn’t enjoy sinking their teeth into Mummy Hot Dogs? Only a Halloween grinch would, that’s who. 😉
Speaking of spooky season, I am very excited to say that Halloween is coming up here very soon! As usual, my family is throwing a halloween party and it’s at my house. So you already know it’s going to be good 😉.
I’ve planned tons of different games that everyone can join in on, such as a costume contest, apple bobbing, toilet-paper mummy wrap, and my personal favorite, seeing who can eat a donut the fastest with their hands behind their back. To say the least, this year’s gonna be a fun one.🙂
What completes a Halloween party to me is the treats, snacks and appetizers. Which is where these Mummy Hot Dogs come in!
They’re the perfect addition to any Halloween party snack table. They are so easy to make and the kiddos will love them!
To really set these over the bar, you could also make a sweet mustard sauce to serve on the side as a dip! You could even use the cheese-filled hot dogs for a warm and gooey cheese center. No matter how you choose to make or serve these, know you’ll love them! 🙂
MORE HALLOWEEN EATS AND TREATS YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Mummy Hot Dogs
- 10 Hot Dogs
- 1 can (8 ounces) refrigerated Pillsbury Crescent Roll dough
- cooking spray
- Mustard and Ketchup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unravel the dough and separate at perforations. Create 4 rectangles. Press perforations together to seal.
- Cut each rectangle lengthwise into 10 thin strips. Wrap 4 pieces of dough around each hot dog. Stretching dough completely around hot dog to look like ‘bandages’. Leave a 1/2 inch wide space at the top of each hot dog, to reveal the ‘face’ of the mummy. Repeat with all hot dogs.
- Place mummy dogs on an un-greased cookie sheet. Spray them lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown and hot dogs are hot.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a couple minutes. Create the 'eyes' with two dots of mustard. Serve warm with ketchup and mustard. Enjoy!