Crock Pot Chicken Tacos are what my taco-loving dreams are all about. They are conveniently made in the crock pot so they’re easy to make and full of flavor!
I’ve added a new recipe to my beloved Mexican food favorites and these lovely Chicken Tacos are it! They are so good and only require 4 ingredients. Five ingredients if you use the black beans, which I highly recommend, and that’s including the chicken. It really doesn’t get any easier than this, my friends.
I have two other ‘Mexican’ chicken recipes already on the blog that are made in the crock pot. Like this Cafe Rio Chicken and Bajio Chicken. We love them both and make them all the time, especially when we have guests over, because they make a lot and are so yummy!
Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
Recipe type: Main Course
- 4-5 boneless skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) jar of Salsa
- 1 (1 ounce) packet of Taco Seasoning
- the juice of 1 Lime
- 1 (15 ounce) can Black beans, drained and rinsed (optional)
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of a greased crock pot. Pour salsa over the tops of chicken and then sprinkle with taco seasoning. Squeeze the lime juice all over the seasoning.
- Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove lid and carefully shred the chicken. Stir in drained black beans. Cover with lid and cook 1 more hour.
- Serve shredded chicken inside warmed flour or corn tortillas, then top with all your favorite taco toppings. Enjoy!