Everyone will love this copycat Bajio Chicken Chile Salad. It tastes just like the one from Bajio grill! This salad is filled with slow cooked seasoned chicken, beans and rice. Top it with dressing for one incredible meal!
It is amazing how many ‘copycat’ Mexican grill recipes out there. 🙂 I’ve tried one hundred of them and have thought they were all awesome, but this Bajio Chicken recipe is hands down the best one I’ve tried so far. It tastes exactly like the one from Bajio grill!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
- 6 ounces lemon-lime soda (1/2 can)
- Salad Toppings:
- romaine lettuce
- sour cream
- tortilla strips
- Place all of the ingredients in the crock pot. Cover with lid. Heat on low for 5 hours. Or on High for 3 hours. Shred chicken and serve!
- To make the Bajio Salad: Heat a tortilla on a skillet. Place cooked tortilla in a bowl. Add chopped fresh lettuce, corn and cheese and then add chicken on top! Serve with tortilla strips, cilantro and dressing of your choice.