Slow Cooker Chili is quickly going to become a family favorite. It’s simple, comforting, absolutely delicious and will definitely warm you up on any cold night.
Hi there, it’s Jodi from 5 Boys Baker and today I am sharing the perfect Slow Cooker Chili recipe with you.
The weather has definitely cooled down here in Utah which means I’m already cold and just want soup and chili to warm me up. I’ve decided that the older I get, the more I hate the cold. I swear anything below 50 degrees and I’m wearing sweaters, sweatshirts and wrapped up in a blanket, all while my youngest is still wearing shorts & t-shirts even when it’s 25 degrees outside.
I think the only thing I like about the weather turning colder is all the yummy soups and chilis there are to make. This Slow Cooker Chili has become an instant family favorite. There is nothing fancy about it and the list of ingredients is short and simple. This chili is perfect, uncomplicated and so comforting.
I came across this recipe awhile back on the Betty Crocker website, and after reading the reviews I couldn’t wait to make it. Normally I take a recipe and give it a few tweaks here and there, but so many of the reviews said it was perfect as is, so I mostly left it alone (lol). I love a lot of beans in my chili, so I did add an extra can of beans, used a little less meat and onion.
This chili isn’t super spicy, so if you do want a little more kick, you could add more chili powder, a little cayenne pepper or even some red pepper flakes, it’s totally up to you. You could also add a tablespoon or two of brown sugar if you want a little sweetness, but we loved it exactly how it was.
We love to top our chili off with grated cheese, sour cream and Fritos, but you can use whatever you’d like. I think a big bowl of chili and a piece of warm cornbread is the perfect comfort food meal. I hope you love this as much as we do. 😀
Slow Cooker Chili
Recipe type: Main Course
- 1½ lbs. ground beef (lean or extra lean)
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (15 oz) chili beans in sauce, undrained
- 2 cans (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Sour cream
- Grated cheese
- Green onions
- In a large skillet cook beef, onion and minced garlic over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown, drain grease and pour into a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Add diced tomatoes, chili beans, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 to 7 hours.
Recipe from: 5 Boys Baker
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!