This Slow Cooker Chili is quickly going to become a family favorite! It’s simple, comforting, absolutely delicious and will definitely warm you up on any cold night.
Hi there, it’s Jodi from 5 Boys Baker and today I am sharing the perfect chili recipe with you.
I came across this recipe awhile back on the Betty Crocker website, and after reading the reviews I couldn’t wait to make it. Normally I take a recipe and give it a few tweaks here and there, but so many of the reviews said it was perfect as is, so I mostly left it alone (lol). I love a lot of beans in my chili, so I did add an extra can of beans, used a little less meat and onion. This chili isn’t super spicy, so if you do want a little more kick, you could add more chili powder, a little cayenne pepper or even some red pepper flakes, it’s totally up to you. You could also add a tablespoon or two of brown sugar if you want a little sweetness, but we loved it exactly how it was.
- 1½ lbs. ground beef (lean or extra lean)
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (15 oz) chili beans in sauce, undrained
- 2 cans (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Sour cream
- Grated cheese
- Green onions
- In a large skillet cook beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown, drain grease and pour into a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Add diced tomatoes, chili beans, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 to 7 hours.
Recipe from: 5 Boys Baker